Kirby and the Forgotten Land isn’t even 5 months old, and the pink little vacuum is getting a new game, one fit for its core mechanic of swallowing stuff: Kirby’s Dream Buffet! The story, according to the trailer, is that Kirby wanted to get some cake, but was shrunk down to the size of a pea. But that’s good news, because it means more cake.
A bunch of other little Kirbies fall from the sky, and we get some gameplay footage. It’s a party game of sorts, where you go up against other players. It reminds us of Fall Guys at certain points, but we don’t yet know if the elimination aspect is present.
We also don’t know the price or release date. All we know is that it will come out in the summer of 2022 (so at the end of August at most), and that it’s likely digital only, judging by the “Download on Nintendo eShop” at the end. Get a taste down below:
What do you think of Kirby’s Dream Buffet? Do you think it has the potential to be as fun as Fall Guys, if it turns out it’s the same gameplay loop? Let us know in the comments below!
Stay in the know by perusing some of our other articles:
- Civitatem Releases August 1
- New GOG Sale on Square Enix and JRPG Games
- The Epic Game Store Free Games for This Week Are Ancient Enemy and Killing Floor 2
- A Whopping 12 Games Are Added to Xbox Game Pass This Week, Including the Return of 3 Yakuza Games
- God of War Ragnarok Receives Collector’s and Jötnar Editions, Here’s a Quick Breakdown