Digital Extremes, developers of multiplayer action RPG Warframe, have announced a new game: Soulframe, an MMO that has you going melee, in stark contrast to Warframe’s high-speed shooter gameplay.
The game is still very early in development, but we have been shown a cinematic trailer to get an idea of the vibe we can expect from Soulframe:
The Few Details We Have
In a Washington Post interview, Steve Sinclair (until recently Warframe’s director, now moved to the Soulframe team) previews some of what players can expect from the new title:
- Procedurally-generated areas where the ground shifts throughout the day, uncovering new things to explore.
- Large, open-world hub, focus on exploration.
- World inspired by things like Princess Mononoke and the NeverEnding Story.
- Focus on melee combat.
- The world is ‘a little angry about what’s been done to it’, alluding to nature itself having an active role in the story (like shifting the soil around).
Digital Extremes hopes to get the game in players’ hands within a year for testing and informing further development.
Excited for Soulframe? What did you think of the trailer? Let us know in the comments below!
Be prepared for anything by reading everything on the latest gaming news:
- Blizzard Releases New Trailer, “Journey”, For Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- Free Epic Games Store Titles For Week 38: Gloomhaven and ARK: Survival Evolved
- Loot Tables Shifting as Heroic Dungeons Gain an Additional Difficulty in Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- Game Pass Adds 10 New Games to the Service, Including Deathloop, Grounded, and Slime Rancher 2
- Nvidia Announces the 4000 Series of Cards, 4090 and 4080 Launching This Fall