Mario Strikers: Battle League’s first free update is coming on July 21, 6PM PT and promises new characters in the form of Daisy and Shy Guy as well as a new gear set and a new stadium!
- Daisy is a high-technique character who seems to be pretty hard to knock down.
- Shy Guy is a balanced character (all stats are in the 12-13 range) who seems dependent on gear choices to shine in a specific area.
- Knight Gear: Increases Strength and Shooting while decreasing Speed and Technique.
- New Stadium: Desert Ruin. Use it for quick matches or set it as your club stadium. The stadium’s second rank will cost 10,000 bolts while the third rank will cost 100,000.
Mario Strikers: Battle League is a Nintendo Switch exclusive that released on June 10 this year. It’s basically a 5v5 soccer game. The game supports up to eight players in local multiplayer and twenty players in online multiplayer. Battle League is a sequel to Mario Strikers Charged (which came out in 2007 on the Wii, a whole fifteen years ago!).
Have you played Battle League yet? Are you looking forward to the update? Let us know in the comments below!
Stay ahead of game updates by reading some of our other content:
- Blizzard Releases New Trailer, “Journey”, For Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- Free Epic Games Store Titles For Week 38: Gloomhaven and ARK: Survival Evolved
- Loot Tables Shifting as Heroic Dungeons Gain an Additional Difficulty in Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- Game Pass Adds 10 New Games to the Service, Including Deathloop, Grounded, and Slime Rancher 2
- Nvidia Announces the 4000 Series of Cards, 4090 and 4080 Launching This Fall