Mario Strikers: Battle League’s first free update is coming on July 21, 6PM PT and promises new characters in the form of Daisy and Shy Guy as well as a new gear set and a new stadium!
- Daisy is a high-technique character who seems to be pretty hard to knock down.
- Shy Guy is a balanced character (all stats are in the 12-13 range) who seems dependent on gear choices to shine in a specific area.
- Knight Gear: Increases Strength and Shooting while decreasing Speed and Technique.
- New Stadium: Desert Ruin. Use it for quick matches or set it as your club stadium. The stadium’s second rank will cost 10,000 bolts while the third rank will cost 100,000.
Mario Strikers: Battle League is a Nintendo Switch exclusive that released on June 10 this year. It’s basically a 5v5 soccer game. The game supports up to eight players in local multiplayer and twenty players in online multiplayer. Battle League is a sequel to Mario Strikers Charged (which came out in 2007 on the Wii, a whole fifteen years ago!).
Have you played Battle League yet? Are you looking forward to the update? Let us know in the comments below!
Stay ahead of game updates by reading some of our other content:
- PlayStation Plus Essential Receives Evil Dead: The Game, OlliOlliWorld, Destiny 2: Beyond Light, and Mafia: Definitive Edition in February
- Sony To Remove the PlayStation Plus Collection, Subscribers Have Until May 9th To Claim the 19 Games
- Free Epic Games Store Titles For Week 4 – Adios and Hell is Others
- Game Pass Adds 9 Games in the Second Wave of January
- Microsoft and Bethesda Present Hi-fi RUSH, a New Rhythm Action Game From the Creators of The Evil Within, Out Today!