The last SGF event of the day is starting, the Tribeca Games Spotlight! We’ll be covering it live in its entirely. Refresh the page for minute-by-minute updates.
- It starts with an AirPods musical ad that I was about to comment “this looks like a spoof of AirPod ads”.
- Action-adventure RPG about American culture and finding oneself.
- Takes place in Timer Hills.
- Jala is the main character.
- You battle your exes. When you battle, you go into their “personal space” which sounds like Scott Pilgrim.
- Battles aren’t physical. “Thirsty Taunt” is an ability.
- Attacks are more like a dance. You send imaginary punches to your ex.
- The game is developed by Outerloop games.
- Developed by Demagogue Studios, creators of Golf Club Wasteland.
- Described as “The Jungle Book set in an urban city apocalypse”.
- The ultra-rich evacuated to Tesla City on Mars.
- While visiting Earth and playing gold, a science expedition comes upon a mutated kid: The Cub.
- Brutalist architecture. Modernist architecture. Lots of subtext to be found.
- The game is an homage to games like Heart of Darkness and Aladdin.
As Dusk Falls
- Robbery gone wrong. A story that takes places through the decades.
- Developed by Interior Night.
- Explores the story of the Walkers and Holes over thirty years.
- You’ll be stepping in the shoes of different characters.
- Vince and his family get caught in a hostage situation on their way to Arizona.
- Another playable character from the other family, Jay.
- Zoe, third main character, Vince’s dad. She ages from 6 to 19 throughout the story.
- Game’s story was recorded like a movie, with actors being filmed, then digitized.
- Vince is voiced by Elias Toufexis, known for voicing Adam Jensen in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided.
- Narrative cooking game.
- Exploring the story of a family and the unique challenges they face.
- At its core, it’s about the relationship between mother and son.
- Sound effects was done by recording actual cooking.
A Plague Tale: Requiem
- Battles, castles, high seas!
- Developed by Asobo Studio.
- Gameplay focuses on stealth and survival.
- The evolution of Amicia in this world is a big part of the story.
- Comes out in 2022.
- The devs wanted to add more to the game.
- The Delicious Last Course comes out on the 30th of June.
Oxenfree 2: Lost Signals
- The characters are the focus of the first game.
- The cast of characters is changed from the previous one.
- Radio allows the players to explore the island in new ways, mainly time travel.
- Active antagonists that try to open tears in time.
- Marisa Marcel is a an actress who starred in 3 movies over 3 decades
- Anonymous donor gave the devs footage for the 3 movies
- The devs implemented a mechanic that lets you select an image and the game will jumpcut to another clip with that image
- Lets you create your own montage made out of selected footage.
- Everyone is always watching.
- Arcadia is the most watched reality show on the planet.
- 70’s retro-futuristic.
- Trevor has a simple, boring and happy life.
- Angela is a hacker willing to do anything to save an innocent person (like Trevor).
- 2.5D side-scroller with chases, puzzles.
- 3D first-person puzzle gameplay.
- The dimensions change depending on who you are currently playing as.
- The soundtrack is a mix of orchestral and electronic.
That was all for this week from Summer Game Fest! The event will resume on Monday with heavy-hitter streams from Xbox + Bethesda and PC Gamer’s PC Gaming Show!
What was your favorite game reveal today? Let us know in the comments below!