October in World of Warcraft – What’s Coming Next
Dragonflight launches on November 28 and the pre-patch event will be live sometime earlier that month, which means October is going to be your regular, run-of-the-mill month with no new content dropping. We’re planning to offer a weekly suggestion of tasks to undertake until the new expansion launches, but let’s see what overarching events await us in this imminently spooky period!
Remember, starting October 4th (5th in Europe), the Winds of Widsom buff will be active, giving your characters 50% increased XP gain, so it’s a great time to catch up all your alts ahead of Dragonflight’s release!
Any dates going forward will correspond to the European servers’ schedule.
World & Weekly Events
October’s got no shortage of limited-time events to keep you busy! There’s the usual Faire, a Gnome rampage and the spooky Hallow’s End coming soon. Here’s a breakdown:
- Brewfest, which is currently taking place, ends on the 6th of October.
- Darkmoon Faire will be running from Sunday, 2nd October to Saturday the 8th.
- On the 8th, The Great Gnomeregan Run will be taking place where level 1 Gnomes will be able to partake in a marathon all the way from Gnomeregan to Booty Bay!
- Hallow’s End arrives on October 18th and stays around until November 1st.
Additionally, there’s all the weekly events to look forward to.
Week 1 (Oct. 5-11)
- Castle Nathria is the Fated raid for this week.
- The PvP Brawl for this week is Comp Stomp, which has notoriously long queues.
- The Shadowlands Dungeon Event is up, with end bosses from every Shadowlands dungeon dropping one extra item.
Week 2 (Oct. 12-18)
- Sanctum of Domination is the Fated raid for this week.
- The PvP Brawl for this week is Deepwind Dunk.
- The Pet Battle Bonus Event will be up, allowing you to quickly level your pets. There’s no indication of Squirt being up in the Garrison this time around, though, so your best pet for juicy XP is defeating pre-BFA trainers.
Week 3 (Oct. 19-25)
- Sepulcher of the First Ones is the Fated raid for this week.
- The PvP Brawl for this week is Shado-Pan Showdown. This one also takes a while to queue into.
- Cataclysm Timewalking is this week’s PvE event. If you’re a recipe collector, you may want to hoard some Timewalking Badges – the event’s vendor received some previously unobtainable recipes which can be bought for 1500 badges apiece.
Week 4 (Oct. 26 – Nov. 1st)
- Castle Nathria is the Fated Raid for this week. This might be the last week Fated raids are on rotation, with the following week making all raids permanently Fated (if the pre-patch comes before that).
- The PvP Brawl for this week is Warsong Scramble.
- It’s Arena Week, with the Arena Skirmish Bonus Event being live.
Bonus Challenge of the Month
This month is about as calm as it’s gonna’ be before Dragonflight launches and we’re thrust into a brand new treadmill of dailies, grinds and rare elites with dubious respawn times. Make the most of it!
For those of you uninterested in most of these upcoming events, we thought we’d end a collector challenge for you. At best, you’ll get some cool loot; at worst, it’ll give you something to do every weekly reset:
Challenge: Obtain every appearance, for every armor type and weapon, from Terrace of the Endless Spring. As long as an appearance is shared, it counts (you don’t need to collect every identical-looking item with a different name).
Bronze Tier: Collected every appearance from at least one difficulty for each armor type (Cloth / Leather / Mail / Plate), as well as all the weapons.
Silver Tier: Collected every appearance from at least two difficulties for each armor type (Cloth / Leather / Mail / Plate), as well as all the weapons.
Gold Tier: Collected every appearance from all three difficulties, including the Illusion.
Bonus Prestige: Collected the elusive Illusion: Jade Spirit.
A few tips and warnings regarding this challenge:
- You can only run either Normal or Heroic, once a week, per character, but you can run LFR alongside one of those difficulties, allowing you to basically run the raid twice per character per week.
- Illusion: Jade Spirit can be quite elusive. This also applies to the belts that are shared in Tsulong and Lei Shi’s loot table.
- Your first hit against Lei Shi should be your biggest possible one to prevent her from phasing; it will save you a lot of time.
- I highly recommend getting the ‘All The Things’ addon, which is honestly quintessential if you want to make sure you’ve collected everything. It is probably the single most useful addon for collectors of all… things.
Let us know how far you got along at the end of the month! It definitely requires a chunk of luck if you’ve never done the raid, but most of you should have visited it a few times since its release ten years ago, hopefully managing to grab a bunch of the appearances ahead of time.
Which week are you most interested in? Are you even subscribed right now? Let us know in the comments below.