Electronic Arts has released a trailer for the Dead Space remake, confirming the game is due to release on January 27th, 2023.
Remaking a Classic
This remake, aptly titled ‘Dead Space’, is a from-the-ground-up remake of the ‘Dead Space’ from 2008. Aside from the obvious facelift, the game has received updates in numerous areas, including the story itself:
- You may have noticed a lot more dialogue in this trailer, especially from Isaac, which was not present in the original. Expect the talking levels to be similar to Dead Space 2 & 3.
- The soundscape has been redesigned to more faithfully reproduce audio such as sound effects traveling complex paths (such as through a winding corridor) for a more immersive experience.
- There’s an entirely new system that exists just to control Isaac’s breathing depending on the situation he’s in. Check out the explanation (and we recommend watching the rest of the videos in the playlist as well!).
There’s a lot more going into this remake and it’s clear the game is a love letter to the original. We can’t wait to see everything Dead Space has in store for us in 2023. What do you think of the remake? Let us know in the comments below.
- Game of the Week: World of Warcraft: Dragonflight
- Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum Q&A Recap
- Everything Revealed During the Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum Announcement
- December’s First Wave of Game Pass Games Is Here – 12 Titles Added to the Service
- Free Epic Games Store Titles For Week 48: Fort Triumph & RPG in a Box