Free Epic Games Store Titles For Week 41 – Darkwood and ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove
Another Thursday is upon us, and that can only mean one thing: New games for free from Epic Games! This week we have two completely different games with roguelike elements to them. Let’s take a look!
Starting things off, we have the perfect game for the spooky season. Darkwood is a survival-horror RPG with roguelike elements sprinkled in. The game has a top-down perspective, and you only see what’s directly in front of your character in a cone, while the rest of the game is blurred out.
The game features a day/night cycle, where you go scavenging for food and supplies during the day, while defending yourself during the night from various horrors. The few elements borrowed from the roguelike genre include losing items on death and some elements of randomness, but the game is semi-open world and the story progression is quite straight-forward.
ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove!
On the opposite end of the spectrum, we have ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove!, the forth game in the series. This is a proper roguelike, with randomly generated islands to explore and random power-ups to obtain. The game features a 2D hand-drawn isometric art-style, and the gameplay is mostly non-violent.
Darkwood and ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove are free to claim until next Thursday. Next week, we have Evoland Legendary Edition and Fallout 3.
What are your thoughts on this week’s selection of free games? Let us know in the comments below!
- PlayStation Plus Essential Receives Evil Dead: The Game, OlliOlliWorld, Destiny 2: Beyond Light, and Mafia: Definitive Edition in February
- Sony To Remove the PlayStation Plus Collection, Subscribers Have Until May 9th To Claim the 19 Games
- Free Epic Games Store Titles For Week 4 – Adios and Hell is Others
- Game Pass Adds 9 Games in the Second Wave of January
- Microsoft and Bethesda Present Hi-fi RUSH, a New Rhythm Action Game From the Creators of The Evil Within, Out Today!