Good new for fans of Real Time Strategy games! Microsoft just announced Age of Mythology: Retold, a (most likely) remake of the mythological spin-off of the Age of Empires games. No release date yet, but it’s likely to come next year and guaranteed to be on Game Pass day one.
For those not in the know, Age of Mythology takes the classic Age of Empires gameplay and adds various mythological beings into the mix. The original game let you play as Greek, Norse, and Egyptian factions, with The Titans expansion also adding the Atlanteans and the ability to summon the titular titans as powerful end-game units.
Something that set the game apart was the addition of Favor as a resource. Each faction gaining favor in a different way, with Greeks gaining it by praying in temples, Egyptians by building monuments, Norse by hunting and fighting, and Atlanteans by possessing town centers. Players also pick one of 3 major gods at the start of the game and several minor ones throughout that lets them advance in a multitude of ways.
Are you excited for Age of Mythology: Retold? What gods will you worship? Let us know in the comments below!
- Game of the Week: World of Warcraft: Dragonflight
- Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum Q&A Recap
- Everything Revealed During the Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum Announcement
- December’s First Wave of Game Pass Games Is Here – 12 Titles Added to the Service
- Free Epic Games Store Titles For Week 48: Fort Triumph & RPG in a Box