Happy birthday to the big-eared furball and his little mechanical friend! To celebrate Ratchet & Clank’s 20th anniversary, Sony is giving Rift Apart owners a 5 cosmetic armor sets, inspired by the franchise’s various titles, as well as adding some of the series’ classic titles to the PS Plus service. Let’s get into it!
We’ll start off with the Rift Apart cosmetics first. They consist of 5 armor sets inspired by various other games in the franchise. They’ll all be given for free to players via an update to the game that’s available TODAY. Here’s a breakdown of the armor sets:
- Commando Armor inspired by Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Holoflux Armor inspired by Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Quest Armor inspired by Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
- Marauder Armor inspired by Ratchet: Deadlocked
- Clank Armor to celebrate the greatest of pals
No armor set inspired by the very first game, which is a bit odd.
… and Loaded!
The second part of the anniversary comes in the form of five games being added to the PlayStation service, for the Premium tier. The good news is that this almost doubles the amount of games on the service. The bad news is that all of them are the PS3 version, so they’re only playable via streaming.
Here’s the list of new titles, which will be added on November 15th:
- Ratchet & Clank (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
These titles were already on the sevice:
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)
Something the blog post (linked below) doesn’t mention is that the 2016 Ratchet & Clank remake is also available on the service, this one is for Essential subscribers and up.
You can read all about this on Sony’s official blog. Aside from what we mentioned here, the post also goes into the development of various Ratchet & Clank series.
What do you think about this celebration? Anything else you would’ve wanted to see Sony and Insomniac do for the fuzzball and his clanky friend? Let us know in the comments below!