Are humans the best fighters around? I say, neigh! And today’s free Epic game, Them’s Fightin’ Herds, proves it. Let’s get into it!
This is a fighting game where every combatant is some sort of quadrupedal herbivore: pony, goat, llama, sheep, unicorn, bull. Basically anything that could be categorized as part of a herd. The game has a season pass system for adding new characters, with the most recent being Texas, a bull from… uhm, Texas, presumably.
If the art-style reminds you of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, that’s because the studio started off by creating Fighting Is Magic, a game based on the Hasbro property where the 6 main characters from the show duked it out. After receiving a cease and desist letter from the toy maker, the studio removed the assets and created their own characters for the game.
The game is free to claim only until tomorrow, roughly 23 and a half hours from now, so grab it while you can! Epic also likes to provide a hint for the next game to become free, so if you want to try decoding the following gift box, let us know what the next title may be:
Have you played Them’s Fightin’ Herds already? What’s your opinion of it? Let us know in the comments below!
- PlayStation Plus Essential Receives Evil Dead: The Game, OlliOlliWorld, Destiny 2: Beyond Light, and Mafia: Definitive Edition in February
- Sony To Remove the PlayStation Plus Collection, Subscribers Have Until May 9th To Claim the 19 Games
- Free Epic Games Store Titles For Week 4 – Adios and Hell is Others
- Game Pass Adds 9 Games in the Second Wave of January
- Microsoft and Bethesda Present Hi-fi RUSH, a New Rhythm Action Game From the Creators of The Evil Within, Out Today!