September has come to a conclusion and we're getting ready for a new card back! Winning 5 ranked games this month will net you the "Darkmoon Faire" card back!
Check out this month's card back, Darkmoon Faire, down below. Be sure to also check out our card back gallery for more card backs. If you need some help winning games, you can find some community created Hearthstone Decks to help you out!
Come for the questionable carnival games, stay for the deep fried candybars!
What is Happening in October 2019?
- October 1: Chapter 4 & 5 of the Tombs of Terror solo content unlocks.
- October 4: Blizzard will be sharing more information on their upcoming spooky event that will bring 23 Wild cards back to Standard.
- October 4 - 6: Grandmasters Season 2 Week 7!
- October 18 - 19: Masters Tour Bucharest
- October 31: BlizzCon 2019's Pregame, Night at the Faire, and Benefit Dinner.
- November 1 & 2: BlizzCon 2019 (New Expac Announcement)
- Unknown: Hallow's End In-Game Event
The Darkmoon Faire
- Founded by the gnome, Silas Darkmoon, the faire was a wandering carnival that would popup once a month in Azeroth.
- Silas eventually opened up his own island for the event, allowing access for one week each month.
- In World of Warcraft, players can play several mini-games at the faire including ring toss and being shot out of a cannon.
- The logo for the fair is an animated eyeball. The eyeball is also present on several weapons in World of Warcraft that are related to Old Gods.
- There is a cosmetic item featuring the eyeball, Twitching Eyeball, which comes from a quest where a Gift of N'Zoth speaks to your character.
- Yeah, don't trust the Darkmoon Faire, they're up to some shady stuff. They sure do have some delicious food though...
I wish they would bring back the "pick a champion" thing they used to do. It is nice to have a way to root for specific competitors and feel involved for those of us who can't use/watch twitch due to various reasons.
I love these holiday events. Can't wait for this years festivities to start. October is going to be a grand month between this and the rest of the solo content unlocking today.
I loved visiting Darkmoon Faire from time to time! The place was quite a lot of fun and also the E.T.C. concerts made it even better. Lovely place to just chill out.
Really hoped for a Headless Horseman event , but this is a nice consolation
I might add to your calendar about the guaranteed Twitch drops for Grandmasters Playoffs? For people like me who "watched" 50+ hours and got no packs and thus gave up on it, would be good to know that some guaranteed packs are coming:
When the end-of-season Playoffs roll around, we’ll be returning to the same formula for Twitch Drops that was in place for Masters Tour Seoul. For the Playoffs, if you watch for 3 hours (consecutive or non-consecutive), and you’ll be granted one Saviors of Uldum card pack. Watch for a total of 6 hours, and you’ll get another! Additionally, 1,500 lucky eligible viewers will be randomly rewarded with Classic card packs every hour.
Playoffs Twitch Drops Active Dates:
I hope there is a dark connection between the Old Gods:)
Have a feeling they may do it for the last expansion, with the old gods controlling Lazul causing the League of EVIL and League of Explorers to team up
we did it boys, Darkmoon Faire confirmed
Very fitting for Halloween!
Even better if it was darker.
Really hoping the event this month is darkmoon themed! Definitely has spooky tones
Two birds with one stone, indeed.
Halloween, Darkmoon Faire, Madame Lazul and foretelling of future with Blizzcon (it could even become a yearly event).
It all fits together very well. Let's see if they had the same thought.