Day 1 of Summer Game Fest continues with Day of the Devs! For our previous recap of all the big trailers and announcements, click here.
- A game about being a fly.
- You only live for a little over a minute.
- You have a “Bucket List” to complete before time runs out.
- Developed by Michael Frei.
Planet of Lana
- Platformer where you control a boy and his alien companion.
- Beautiful hand-painted art-style.
- Developed by Wishfully.
- Open-world horror game where you fight an evil spider-train names Charles.
- You control your own train that you use to fight Charles.
- There’s also on-foot sections where you fight cultists.
- Developed by Two Star.
- Escape room adventure.
- Devs describe it as “Harry Potter for escape rooms”.
- Comes out on July 14th.
- Comes to Game Pass day one.
- Developed by Coin Crew Games.
A Little to the Left
- Puzzle game about moving things around.
- You solve puzzles by arranging items in a particular order.
- Developed by Max Inferno.
Bear & Breakfast
- Game about a bear living in the woods with his mom and two best friends.
- The game is a management sim.
- There’s definitely a creepy sub-plot happening in the woods.
- Game launches later this summer.
- Developed by Gummy Cat.
- Pixel art Metroidvania.
- Game seems to be more puzzle- and platformer-focused, with little combat.
- Developed by Shared Memory.
- Chill game where you play as a naiad swimming around various bodies of water.
- Will be available on PC and consoles by the end of the year.
- Developed by Hiwarp.
Roots of Pacha
- Village builder and resource management game.
- Game takes place in the Stone Age as you discover various industrial and agricultural advancements.
- Demo available today on Steam.
- Developed by Soda Den.
- Roguelike, turn-based tactics, sports game.
- Players switch between the real world and a dream-like world.
- Combat is done using a ball game.
- Created by the same studio behind Monument Valley.
- Developed by Ustwo Games.
- Game where you move around in shadow as a creature called a Schim.
- You are separated from your human and must find your way to your owner.
- During the game, you’ll be helping other Schims.
- Developed by Ewoud van der Werf.
- Point-and-click puzzle game.
- The game is about creating a creature to quell your loneliness by collecting various objects from the city.
- Developed by Madison Karrh.
How to say goodbye
- Narrative puzzle game.
- You help a group of ghosts overcome obstacles by reorganizing the level.
- Developed by Florian Veltman, Baptiste Portefaix, Arte France.
Little Neno and the Guardians of Slumberland
- Puzzle platformer, hand-drawn art-style.
- Kickstarter live now: Link
- Developed by Die Soft
Devolver Digital’s Marketing Countdown To Marketing (mouthful!) starts in an hour. We’ll be here doing a recap as the onslaught of game news returns!
Update: It started! Click here for the recap.