After a few delays, Marvel SNAP's newest patch is now live! Along with the expected balance changes (of which there are a lot), there's also new emotes, new VO and Visual effects, and a whole lot of bug fixes.
We'll summarize the hot topics, but the patch notes, if you prefer, are quoted in full below.
- Arnim Zola: Now must destroy its target to create copies. Other effects that prevent the target's destruction will now fizzle his effect.
- Lady Sif: [3/4] (Was: [2/4])
- Mister Negative: [4/1] (Was: [4/4])
- Devil Dinosaur: [5/3] (Was: [4/0])
- Ronan the Accuser: [5/0] Ongoing: +3 Power for each card in your opponent's hand. (Was: [4/0] "Ongoing: +2 Power for each card in your opponent's hand.")
- Spider-Woman: [5/7] (Was: [4/4])
- Baron Mordo: On Reveal: Your opponent draws a card. Set its Cost to 6. (Was: "On Reveal: Your opponent draws a card. Increase its cost by 1.")
- Jessica Jones: [4/4] On Reveal: If you don't play a card here next turn, +4 Power. (Was: [5/8] "On Reveal: If you don't play a card here next turn, +2 Power.")
- Professor X: Ongoing: Lock down this Location. (Cards can't be added, removed, etc.) (Was: "Ongoing: Lock down this location. (Cards can’t be added, removed or destroyed.)") Now also prevents cards from switching controllers.
- Spider-Man: [4/3] (Was: [4/2])
- Thor: [3/4] (Was: [4/6])
- Abomination: [5/9] (Was: [5/8])
- Aero: [5/8] (Was: [5/6])
- Black Bolt: [5/8] (Was: [5/7])
- Blue Marvel: [5/3] (was: [6/4])
- Gamora: [5/7] "On Reveal: If your opponent played a card here this turn, +5 Power." (Was: [5/6] "On Reveal: If your opponent played a card here this turn, +4 Power.")
- Klaw Ongoing: The location to the right has +6 Power. (Was: "Ongoing: The location to the right has +5 Power.")
- Red Skull: [5/15] (Was: [5/14])
- Agatha Harkness: [6/14] (Was: [6/13])
- Hulk: [6/12] (Was: [6/11])
- Onslaught: [6/7] (Was: [6/6])
- Spectrum: [6/5] (Was: [6/4])
- Ultron: [6/8] On Reveal: Create four 1-Power Drones at each other location. (Was: [6/7] "On Reveal: Create four 1-Power Drones at each adjacent location.")
- Attilan: After turn 3, shuffle your hand into your deck. Draw 3 cards. (Was: "On turn 4, shuffle your hand into your deck. Draw 3 cards.")
- New Location: Necrosha: Cards here have -2 Power. (Replacing Klyntar.)
- New emotes have been added to the game.
- Matchmaking at higher ranks will allow for a longer wait time to properly match players (and reduce the number of bot games at those ranks).
- Weekly Missions requirements have been reduced at the top-end.
- More deck slots! 20, up from 10.
- New Audio and Visual Effects for a number of cards.
- Initial Spanish localization has been added.
- Lots of bugs have been fixed.
- Emotes: A new set of emotes are available for use! Check them out while playing a match by tapping your avatar & let your opponent know how you're feeling about the latest play!
- The matchmaking system will allow for longer wait time for high-ranked players to increase the likelihood of finding a more competitive opponent.
- Weekly Mission requirements have been reduced to 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 completed Daily Missions. (Previously 5, 10, 20, 30, and 35)
- The Game Result Screen has been visually upgraded.
- Card art variant names are now visible in the Shop and Card Detail screen.
- Doubled the max number of Decks from 10 to 20.
- Haptics are now supported on Android devices (they were already present on iOS).
- Game resolution has been increased on Low Settings.
- Added a “Download All Assets” button in Settings that will let players choose to download all game files at a time of their choice. Downloading ahead of time will improve match game performance for players on devices with less RAM, slower processors, and/or poor network connectivity.
We have added initial support for the Spanish language. You can switch between languages in the Settings menu. This includes both text and voice overs. Please note that there are some areas of the game that are not yet fully translated.
ART & VISUAL EFFECTS
To make for a snappier experience when moving, Ongoing effect updates are paused while moving multiple cards.
Colossus visual effects have been disabled for now (to prevent the “glowing Colossus issue”).
Updated card visual effects for:
- Agatha Harkness
- Ghost Rider
Updated location visual effects for:
- The Raft
New Card Sounds for:
- Adam Warlock
- Dr Doom
- Ghost Rider
New Location Sounds for:
- Baxter Building
- Dream Dimension
- The Raft
- Removed “Defeat” VO line
- Spanish VO
- Arnim Zola: No longer adds copies of a card if his target was not destroyed.
- Baron Mordo: [2/3] On Reveal: Your opponent draws a card. Set its Cost to 6.
Developer Comment: Baron Mordo's Cost increase tends to be very inconsequential in practice. We're bumping his effect's Cost markup to make it more impactful.
- Jessica Jones: [4/4] On Reveal: If you don't play a card here next turn, +4 Power.
Developer Comment: Jessica Jones’ effect is one that was a bit too stifling to be reliant on turn 6. So we’re looking at a change similar to Rescue, where moving her to be a 4-Cost card will allow her effect to see more play.
- Lady Sif: [2/4] -> [3/4]
Developer Comment: Lady Sif's effect in combination with many other cards is very strong, especially on a 2-Cost card with high power, so we're moving her up to 3-Cost.
- Mister Negative: [4/4] -> [4/1]
Developer Comment: The Mister Negative deck is very strong, and tends to have an unhealthy play pattern of skipping your first few turns. We are taking Mister Negative's Power down to tone the deck down. While this may seem like a big change, the power of the deck is largely in the cards hit by Mister Negative so we don't forsee this being a massive hit to the deck's overall power.
- Professor X: Ongoing: Lock down this location. (Cards can't be added, removed, etc.)
Developer Comment: We’re making Professor X’s text more general, as the expectation for his effect tends to be more aligned with “This location is locked and nothing can happen” rather than “Only these effects in the parentheses are disabled”. Along with this change, Professor X will now prevent cards from switching ownership, like Hobgoblin.
- Spider-Man: [4/2] -> [4/3]
Developer Comment: Spider-Man is a bit weak right now, so we're giving him an extra Power to help him out.
- Thor: [4/6] -> [3/4]
Developer Comment: Reducing Thor’s Cost should give players more flexibility when playing the card, and also allow more time to draw Mjolnir.
5-COST CARD UPDATES
- Abomination: [5/8] -> [5/9]
- Aero: [5/6] -> [5/8]
- Black Bolt: [5/7] -> [5/8]
- Blue Marvel: [6/4] -> [5/3]
- Devil Dinosaur: [4/0] -> [5/3]
- Gamora: [5/7] On Reveal: If your opponent played a card here this turn, +5 Power.
- Klaw: [5/4] Ongoing: The location to the right has +6 Power.
- Red Skull: [5/14] -> [5/15]
- Ronan: [5/0] Ongoing: +3 Power for each card in your opponent's hand.
- Spider-Woman: [4/4] -> [5/7]
6-COST CARD UPDATES
- Agatha Harkness: [6/13] -> [6/14]
- Hulk: [6/11] -> [6/12]
- Onslaught: [6/6] -> [6/7]
- Spectrum: [6/4] -> [6/5]
- Ultron: [6/8] On Reveal: Create four 1-Power Drones at each other location.
Developer Comment: Many of our 5 and 6-Cost cards don't quite live up to their lofty Energy Costs. We'd also like to give our 5-Cost cards some more identity, as many of them at the moment have rather simplistic effects compared to many of the other cards in Snap. We're making a suite of balance changes targeted at the 5 and 6 Cost range to help some cards that are underperforming, and provide some more interesting options at 5 Cost.
- Attilan: After turn 3, shuffle your hand into your deck. Draw 3 cards.
Developer Comment: We believe that moving Attilan's trigger to the end of turn 3 will make it clearer to players, as they'll be able to easily tell that they have until turn 3 is over to use up their hand.
- New Location - Necrosha: Cards here have -2 Power.
Developer Comment: Klyntar has been replaced with Necrosha.
- Cards should now be less likely to show up black/blank/empty during matches.
Developer Comment: We fixed the main bug where bunch of card art would suddenly turn black in the middle of a game! We are still on the look out for other ways card art could show up black.
- Fixed an issue where Lechuguilla or Korg adding rocks to hand could cause clients to freeze.
- Fixed a bug that should prevent Deathlok visual effects freezing some devices.
- Players can now retreat if your opponent plays Daredevil on turn 5 and snaps.
- Fixed a bug where two friendly Daredevils would result in their effect being canceled.
- Wong’s ability now functions correctly with Onslaught if Onslaught is played after Wong.
- On Reveal effects triggered by Odin are now doubled by Kamar-Taj.
- Improved speed of Ka-Zar and Blue Marvel’s abilities when they update card power.
- Fixed an issue where Domino can get stuck in your hand after you’ve played her.
- Fixed an issue where Hulks created at Gamma Lab retained modifiers from before transformation. Gamma Lab now turns token/spawned cards into Hulks properly.
- Fixed an issue where The Peak did not visually change the power of some cards.
- Xandar VFX activation cleaned up
- Falcon VFX now moves when Falcon moves
- Fixed an issue where cards could go invisible in-hand when switching hands with your opponent.
- Limbo VFX should no longer appear if the game is already over when the location is revealed (if Dark Dimension or Invisible Woman is in play).
- The opponent’s cards in the top-right of the rightmost location should now be easier to tap to focus.
- Mister Fantastic no longer plays VFX if he is played on the only location remaining (if Worldship is in play).
- Slightly adjusted the End Turn button’s readability and transitions.
- Fixed an issue where auto-pushed season rewards could soft-lock the client.
- TVA no longer prevents missions from completing correctly.
- Death’s body is no longer missing on her base card art.
- Collector’s Cache/Reserve images no longer disappear when scrolling the CLTR.
- Swiping through cards in the collection no longer closes the card instead of moving to the next card.
- Pasting a deck if you do not own all the cards will now create a deck with the cards you do own for that copied deck.
- Players should now get credit for completing the “Win Matches with a Snap” mission when their opponent snapped (it was being counted only when the player snapped).
- Season Key Art should now show up again on Android
- Android “Back” button should now take you to the main screen if used in the Shop and Collection screens.
- Many bug fixes for various card and avatar art (this may cause your game to re-download some assets).