Friday Night Magic continues in MTG Arena due to WPN stores not being allowed or able to run the events locally.
We'll be playing pauper decks this week, so that's a 60 card deck made of only commons and basic lands.
- There is no entry fee - completely free to play!
- You earn in-game rewards for your first two wins. Either a random Rare or Mythic Rare card for each win.
- There are additional prizes if you connect with your local game store. More details below.
There is only one ban for this week's Friday Night Magic.
- Persistent Petitioners
The MTG Arena Promo Pack
An additional reward from Friday Night Magic is the addition of a special promo item - the MTG Arena Promo Pack! Within this pack is two random in-game cosmetic items. Here are some of the available contents.
- Japanese Planeswalker Alternate Art
- The new guild-themed sleeves
- Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths card styles
- Tamiyo player avatar
You can redeem one code per week and to receive one all you need to do is hookup with your local game store that is participating in the program. Giving them a screenshot of your event page to show your participation is enough to get a code (while supplies last). Here's what Wizards has to say about all that.
HOW TO GET A REWARD CODE FROM YOUR STORE
Some stores have robust online communities, and others will be forming them for the first time. If you're already part of such a community, great! Check with them and get connected.
If you aren't part of a local game store's online community, or if they don't have one set up, there are a couple ways you can get connected. One is to simply reach out to your store and ask (give them a little bit of time—many of them are getting this information today as well). Another is to head to locator.wizards.com to find your local game store's website. Not every store has a website on there right now, but our teams here are reaching out to our stores to help them set up options and connect them to our store locator. Many of them will be setting up online communities through Discord, WhatsApp, and Facebook, so you may have to join or download one of those applications.
Step-by-step, here's how it works:
- Play in the event (win or lose as much as you want)
- Take a screenshot of your event page
- Go to locator.wizards.com to find your local game store's website
- Join their social media channel
- Share your screenshot with a nice message on their channel
- Store will message you a code* through that social media channel
*Note: While supplies last. Not all stores are participating. Limit one code per account. Sharing a screenshot with your local game store does not guarantee you will receive a code.
Upcoming Friday Night Magic Themes
Here are the next confirmed themes that we can look forward to.
May 15 – Historic Brawl
- Build a Brawl deck using any cards from Historic.