MultiVersus, the platform fighter from Warner Bros. that goes into open beta on the 26th, has just published a trailer going into detail about how the game will handle monetization and progress. This is an important aspect, as the game is Free-to-Play, and a proper progression model is important to the success of the game.
Here’s what we know so far:
- Playing the game will earn you gold, which can be used to unlock any character.
- You can try characters out for free without purchasing them.
- There will be a free rotation of characters available to play.
- Each characters also has a reward track consisting of various perks (which change the way the character plays) and cosmetics which can be unlocked.
- Gleamium is a currency you can buy with real money.
- You can use it to purchase other characters or cosmetics.
- You CANNOT use it to purchase perks or level up characters. You can only do that by playing the game.
- There will never be lootboxes in MultiVersus. (screenshot this one as evidence)
- There will be a Battle Pass with many cosmetic items, like skins and emotes.
Are you excited for MultiVersus? Who is going to be your main? Let us know down below!