Looking for all the Festival of Legends flavor text? Here you go!
- Looking for today's card reveal dump? Find all new cards here!
- If you want to see all the Festival of Legends cards, you can do so in our expansion guide.
- You can build decks early by visiting our deckbuilder.
- Festival of Legends goes live on April 11, 2023.
Don't forget to talk about the new cards in the comments and if you want to talk about them individually, we've got threads in our Card Discussion forum for every one. You can also take part in our expansion Tavern Crawl, which rewards you with limited-time cosmetics on-site, for voting and comments on cards.
Festival of Legends Death Knight Flavor Text
- Climactic Necrotic Explosion - The less legible the band's logo, the more hardcore it is.
- Cage Head - You get your head stuck in a cage ONCE, and all of a sudden you've got a new nickname.
- Screaming Banshee - Her singing will be sure to wake you up (wake you up inside).
- Boneshredder - Is that his makeup or just his natural fur pattern?
- Death Metal Knight - He prefers listening to bands dead rather than live.
- Arcanite Ripper - A guitar with a skull - perfect for headbanging.
- Death Growl - GRRRRR I'M SO ANGRY BECAUSE I'M DEAD!
- Harmonic Metal - I have bashed together plenty of pieces of metal in my day and not ONCE has it sounded harmonic.
- Hardcore Cultist - Thumb in = devil horns. Thumb out = I love you. A VERY important distinction when you're at a metal concert.
- Mosh Pit - Let the Corpses hit the floor!
Festival of Legends Demon Hunter Flavor Text
- Going Down Swinging - Halveria was outcast from Gilneas for being too edgy, which she sees as an achievement.
- Halveria Darkraven - You know someone's cool when their name sounds like a font.
- Instrument Smasher - Guitar? Nah, she plays percussion.
- Eye of Shadow - It's hard to makeup flavor text sometimes.
- Glaivetar - Might need tuning, I think it's a bit sharp.
- Rush the Stage - Left Shark, get to the stage now!
- Snakebite - Don't look her in the eyes or you'll turn to ROCK!
- Guitar Soloist - She is the hero of the guitar. The guitar hero. Trademark.
- SECURITY!! - Check all of the boxes that contain VENGEANCE to play this card.
- Taste of Chaos - It's spicy!
Festival of Legends Druid Flavor Text
- Zok Fogsnout - Despite having only 3 digits on each hand, Zok plays Bass like he has 5.
- Rhythm and Roots - For Zok's latest song, he decided to go back to his roots. Like the ones on a tree. Tree roots.
- Timber Tambourine - Timberine anyone? TIMBERINE!?
- Free Spirit - His soul was supposed to go to Ardenweald, but you can't chain a free spirit down.
- Drum Circle - It's more of a drum pentagon, really.
- Summer Flowerchild - "Ugh, those Winter Floweradults just don't get our music."
- Groovy Cat - "Like, what if we're all just cards living in this box called Hearthstone, man?"
- Spread the Word - W O R D
- Harmonic Mood - ROYGBive your hero +2 Attack this turn.
- Peaceful Piper - "Is there anything worth more than peace and love on the planet Azeroth?"
Festival of Legends Hunter Flavor Text
- Stranglethorn Heart - The Stranglethorn mentality is to be happy with the bare necessities.
- Mister Mukla - Music is Mukla's escape from his anger. When he's on-stage, it's like he's a whole different gorilla? Until you boo him.
- Jungle Jammer - When asked what animal they would be, people always say things like "I'd be wolf-lion hybrid mix. King of the jungle, but still sociable and ferocious." No, you'd be a rat.
- Harmonica Soloist - A magician never reveals their Secrets. A musician on the other hand...
- Banjosaur - You'll all be singing along once he gets to the tyranno-chorus.
- Big Dreams - Just a small town Taunka Livin' in a lonely... waunka
- Barrel of Monkeys - There used to be four monkeys, but then one fell off and bumped his head.
- Arrow Smith - "What do you mean it's a violin bow!?!"
- Bunch of Bananas - This card has bananas (spelled: B-A-N-A-N-A-S).
- Thornmantle Musician - She calls the hyena her "little chef". Not sure what that's about.
Festival of Legends Mage Flavor Text
- DJ Manastorm - Do not sleep on his Tinker Town deep house set - absolutely legendary.
- Infinitize the Maxitude - When your music is instrumental, it doesn't matter if the words make no sense.
- Volume Up - You have to pay Mana to do that!? I thought it was just in the settings menu!
- Holotechnician - Ironically, operating the spotlight comes with very little recognition.
- Lightshow - Always remember P.L.U.R.: Peace, Laser-beams, Unity, Respect.
- Cosmic Keyboard - Mine is signed by Algalon himself.
- Rewind - If you don't find the spell you want, just cast this one more time and see if you get lucky.
- Keyboard Soloist - Give her a hand, everybody! Or maybe 4!
- Audio Splitter - "I tried to give him some constructive criticism but gosh, he really hates feedback!"
- Synthesize - After the invention of elemental audio processing, Azeroth went through a major synth phase.
Festival of Legends Paladin Flavor Text
- Kangor, Dancing King - After Dr. Boom's involvement with the League of EVIL, Kangor cut ties with the Boomsday Labs and began pursuing his true passion - DISCO!!!
- Starlight Groove - In space, no one can hear you groove.
- Annoy-o-Troupe - Some classes get Void Lords, other classes get Annoyed Lords.
- Spotlight - Everyone's eyes are on you! Well, they're also looking at the giant Elemental that we're using as a spotlight, but mainly at you!
- Lead Dancer - "Follow my lead!" *dies*
- Harmonic Disco - "Worry not, festival patrons! A disco is hardly any means for panic!"
- Jitterbug - The only bug that was intentional.
- Funkfin - Shake your groove fin!
- Boogie Down - Whatever you do, do NOT sashay to the right.
- Disco Maul - Nah, dis go face.
Festival of Legends Priest Flavor Text
- Heartbreaker Hedanis - Hedanis has won over the hearts and minds of millions of fans all over Azeroth! Shadow magic had nothing to do with it - not that you asked or anything.
- Love Everlasting - Poison Bloom was accused of plagiarizing the "Ooh, how long can this go on (ooh yeah)" hook from an old-school musical group called The Saronite Chain Gang.
- Fight Over Me - And you thought the battles between the Alliance and Horde got ugly?
- Heartthrob - Oh no, Harth! Look out! He's here to rob you!
- Harmonic Pop - Here with supporting vocals: Snap and Crackle!
- Shadow Chord: Distort - For some unknown reason, using distortion intentionally in your music will attract hundreds of geckos to your location.
- Dreamboat - As the only member that can sing underwater, Paz saved Poison Bloom's Zin-Azshari tour from failure.
- Power Chord: Synchronize - "It's all about you, girl On your 16,000th birthday"
- Fan Club - "Well that was weird. Yeah, I just walked up to the president of the fan club, he blabbered on for like 10 minutes, and then gave me a bike voucher..."
- Idol's Adoration - That is a mic, not a door.
Festival of Legends Rogue Flavor Text
- MC Blingtron - If this is the outcome of the robot uprising, then sign me up!
- Bounce Around (ft. Garona) - Another one.
- Record Scratcher - A Rogue's favorite audio sample is an orchestral stab.
- Breakdance - "Commander! Uhh... I'm... Pretty sure we just got served? I'm not really trained for this."
- Rhyme Spinner - For ONCE we're not talking about ice!
- Beatboxer - "ERROR. CANNOT COMPUTE 'NO PUNCHING ALLOWED DURING MUSICAL PERFORMANCE'."
- Harmonic Hip Hop - I can name four things that rhyme with 'orange': Four inch, Door hinge, Syringe, and uh? Shmorange.
- Mic Drop - The perfect card to play after emoting.
- Disc Jockey - Hype coefficient insufficient.
- Mixtape - That tape has got poetry and clarinet on it, Garona. POETRY. AND CLARINET.
Festival of Legends Shaman Flavor Text
- JIVE, INSECT! - "WHY IS NO ONE JIVING? I SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED IT!"
- Inzah - Inzah plays the trumpet, saxophone, piano, guitar, AND bass. No wonder he's always so overloaded!
- Saxophone Soloist - He used to play to crowds of adoring Murlocs, but 20 years later all that's left is gigs at secluded clubs and regrets. Where did all the time go? His dreams of fame and fortune, snuffed out like the flame of a small candle in a dimly lit bar. Nothing but smoke in the wind.
- Melomania - I once saw a horse that had watermelons for hair. It was a melon mane, ya?!
- Altered Chord - I'll never understand how bands and orchestras allow musicians that just?. play... off-key. Would love opinions on this.
- Brass Elemental - You handle the water spells. It's got the earth, wind, and fire covered.
- Jazz Bass - No birds, plural, were harmed in the making of this bass.
- Pack the House - How many Pack the Houses would a pack house if a pack could house Pack the House?
- Chill Vibes - "You're listening to 47.7 Shaman FM radio. It's time to kick back, relax, and take in the music."
- Flowrider - Her music sounds a lot better underwater where you can't hear it at all.
Festival of Legends Warlock Flavor Text
- Symphony of Sins - Makes for some killer final boss music.
- Rin, Orchestrator of Doom - Rin's orchestra is the best of the best. When your replacement is just one summoning away, you have to play perfectly.
- Crazed Conductor - "The Twisting Nether is singing to me? WHAT IS THAT MELODY!?"
- Felstring Harp - Playing it will singe your fingers and wither your soul, but at least it never needs restringing!
- Dirge of Despair - Oh, the misery!
- Crescendo - The more you flail your arms, the better the orchestra plays! Yup, that's definitely how it works.
- Demonic Dynamics - The Blue Imp Group sure knows how to put on a show!
- Opera Soloist - It ain't over until the imp mother sings.
- Baritone Imp - He used to be an epic sax guy, but now he's just a common.
- Void Virtuoso - That is one interesting dress code.
Festival of Legends Warrior Flavor Text
- Blackrock 'n' Roll - Thank goodness it's not called Black-ska Mountain.
- Rock Master Voone - After several audience members were burnt to a crisp, Voone's band became a lot less all-in on Dragons.
- Bridge Riff - Can be played in other places too.
- Roaring Applause - Please clap.
- Kodohide Drumkit - Stolen from a druidic drum circle, now destined to make music that is actually good.
- Chorus Riff - What do you mean, what do you mean, I SAY WHAT DO YOU MEEEEEAN, mean, mean, meaaaaaaan this chorus is repetitive?
- Power Slider - There's a huge difference between a battle-axe and an axe-guitar. One is for combat, and the other is for combat AND rocking out.
- Drum Soloist - "Was I rushin' or was I dragon?"
- Verse Riff - Well anyways, here's Worgen Wall.
- Razorfen Rockstar - Quilboar feel Rock in their blood. And blood in their rocks.
Festival of Legends Neutral Flavor Text
- The One-Amalgam Band - Why be good with ONE instrument when you can be terrible with ALL of them!!!
- Tony, King of Piracy - Tony prefers sailing on torrents rather than streams.
- E.T.C., Band Manager - "This next band features the one and only M.C. Tech on the drums, the fungal king of the keyboard Loatheb, and the showstopping vocal chops of Spellbreaker!"
- Pozzik, Audio Engineer - "I'm down here, fixin' all the Gnomish tech that breaks down mid-set while that buffoon Fizzle is up there taking pictures of the sky. YOU tell ME who's the better engineer!"
- Photographer Fizzle - Look at this photograph.
- Unpopular Has-Been - Oh man, she used to rock more than ANYONE back in the Year of the Kraken. I wish I could've seen her perform back then?
- Cover Artist - The Faceless Ones are servants of Yogg-Saron, and they feed on fear. Right now they are feeding on our fear of you realizing we copied this flavor text.
- Freebird - Free!? But it costs Mana!
- Audio Amplifier - And you thought we were putting Wildheart Guff in Core. We'd never do that! WINK WINK.
- Crowd Surfer - I'm pretty sure it's the band that's supposed to be crowd surfing, but you do you little dude.
- Mish-Mash Mosher - In the pit, he feels more alive than ever.
- Metrognome - He's very popular on Click-Clock.
- Static Waveform - LET ME SEE YOU MAKE SOME NOISE!!!
- Festival Security - "Incident in the mosh pit? Copy that, be there in a year."
- Worgen Roadie - "I asked for an instrument, and you give me a CURSED BLADE!?"
- Amplified Elekk - Before this show can continue, we have to bass-boost the elephant in the room.
- Concert Promo-Drake - There's a reason why it's promoting the festival instead of playing in it - it's a rhyme-lost protodrake.
- Ghost Writer - This eccentric scribe was cursed to an afterlife of never being recognized for his talents! Muahaha!
- Candleraiser - You would not believe your eyes If ten million kobold guys Lit up the world to this ogre beat
- Merch Seller - "Sorry, we're all out of Mediums. All we've got left are Gnome, Extra Large, and Annihilan."
- Pyrotechnician - The difference between a pyrotechnician and a pyromaniac is a paycheck.
- Obsessive Fan - "Obsessed? No! I'm just really really really really really really really really really really into E.T.C.'s music and everything he says, does, thinks, lives, and breathes!"
- Rowdy Fan - "This song is so good, it makes me want to PUNCH SOMEONE IN THE FACE!!"
- Cowbell Soloist - Hot take: We need LESS cowbell. Much, much less.
- Paparazzi - When you're a Legendary minion, you get a shiny orange gem, a dragon emblem, and about 100 of these people following you everywhere.
- Outfit Tailor - She has this terrible habit of eating melted cheese while on the job.
- Stereo Totem - Pass the ox cord!
- Audio Medic - His performance isn't over, watch!
- Hipster - Oh, so you like Hearthstone? Name every spell.
- Instrument Tech - A tech card without Tradeable? CRINGE.
- Party Animal - He's the wildlife of the party!
- Rolling Stone - Sadly, the mariachi band it used to play in gathers no m?s.
- Annoying Fan - No, Annoy-o-Tron, an air horn is not an instrument.
- Air Guitarist - Nailing that solo was a breeze.
- Frequency Oscillator - Our lawyer made us change the flavor text of this card so we wouldn't get sued.
Which flavor texts are you a fan of? Share your favourites in the comments below.
Chill Vibes - "You're listening to 47.7 Shaman FM radio. It's time to kick back, relax, and take in the music."
Love this reference. You better know the reference!
Baritone Imp - He used to be an epic sax guy, but now he's just a common.
Fixed the above flavor text with the appropriate hyperlink 🙃
I SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED IT!
Groovy Cat - "Like, what if we're all just cards living in this box called Hearthstone, man?"
Seems this cat has been smoking catnip again 😅
These feel different. Less tongue-in-cheek than previous years', maybe?
That said, Disco Maul, Amplified Elekk, and Dirge of Despair were grand.
I find the text of Jazz Bass very funny.
So many music related flavour texts xD
Mosh Pit - Let the Corpses hit the floor!
Love Everlasting - Poison Bloom was accused of plagiarizing the "Ooh, how long can this go on (ooh yeah)" hook from an old-school musical group called The Saronite Chain Gang.
"Look at this photograph."
Just that one fucking line gets me every single time.