Goblins vs Gnomes Card Spoilers & Expansion Guide
Did someone say bomb?! Hearthstone's first expansion is Goblins vs Gnomes. It was released December 8th 2014 - Patch Notes
This is an explosive set of 123 balanced cards.
- New Tribe - Mechs represent a large portion of this set, and some existing minions have become mechs.
- New Mechanic - Spare Parts can be collected from some cards and used to buff minions.
- Spectator Mode - The long awaited spectator mode was released with Goblins vs Gnomes.
- New Packs - This expansion brought the first new card pack to hearthstone.
One third of this set is mech minions. There was a lot of synergy introduced between mechs, and some existing minions were retroactively give the Mech tag as well.
Later on with The Boomsday Project, a lot of new Mech synergy was released with the keyword Magnetic. Of course, GvG is no longer in Standard.
A handful of cards generated Spare Part spells that provided minor buffs. All these cheap part cards go well with combos or other triggers that involve multiple cards.
This expansion also shipped with the long-awaited observer mode allowing others to watch their friends play. This opened the door to uses like competitive hearthstone matches, coaching, and the Watch and Learn quest.
- You can spectate friends who are in a match.
- Layout will appear as normal.
- Limit of 10 spectators.
- A notification is shown if someone begins spectating you.
- Players can change a setting to prevent people from spectating their matches.
Revealed Cards for Goblins vs Gnomes
These are all the cards that have currently been revealed for Goblins vs Gnomes.