Is it really an uncomfortable conversation here? It's literally classified as a sin, and easy to skirt around explaining it in detail as a result.
Replacing it with generic 'desire' irritates me because envy and greed (and arguably gluttony) are forms of desire too. The reason they are considered sins comes with what is being desired, not desire itself. Grumble grumble grumble.
They're now up on the official database. Wrath deals 6 damage to all characters.
Also, if they're basing something on the 7 deadly sins, why are they avoiding using the word 'lust'? The whole point is we're not meant to partake in it. That's why it's in warlock :P
Even worse, if they use no other beasts, they can easily tutor these guys with Peaceful Piper. So there will be very few games where their hp doesn't become a problem very early on. Wasn't the reliability of hero powers from the get-go the entire reason Genn and Baku rotated early? And I'm pretty sure the non-existent deck limitation here is a bit less than what those two enforced.
Yeah, I get that druid's hp has always been the worst of the many that deal 1 damage, but that doesn't justify putting double upgrades onto 1- and 2-cost minions. There are going to be so many games where they have both early on and there's very little a lot of decks can do about it. Ping mage was already frustrating for that reason.
Conversely, every class that can replace Blingtron's microphone is also a target for their weapon to be replaced by the mic. So I think that side will balance out somewhat. I know Cariel is rotating out, but I'm smiling at the idea of Blingtron shimmying up to her and swapping out The Immovable Object with a broken mic.
It will be interesting to see what rogue can do with its own Voidtouched Attendant. Rogue's probably a lot less feast-or-famine with it than priest is.
Quote From AuspiciousShadowjeweler Hanar seems so much better than what most classes got that it seems almost deliberately perverse. This and [Hearthstone Card (Poisonmaster Putricide) Not Found] give Rogue more value than Priests and all but the greediest Warriors.
Shadowjeweler Hanar seems so much better than what most classes got that it seems almost deliberately perverse. This and [Hearthstone Card (Poisonmaster Putricide) Not Found] give Rogue more value than Priests and all but the greediest Warriors.
Rogue has had arguably the most value of any class for most of HS's existence. It's the entire basis of thief rogue, and many of its control-killer decks down the years. People just forget it because the class has pretty rubbish defensive tools so the value cards are usually left for off-meta decks.
Yeah, there's definitely plenty of fun little things you can do in Mercs if you look for them rather than staying with the same team the whole time to grind coins efficiently. Personally I find it more interesting than the things you can do in normal HS, with the added benefit that you aren't always dealing with powerful meta decks suppressing janky combos.
- I've dealt with the bomb so many times, but never once thought to insta-kill it with C'thun. I guess I just never gave that equipment much attention because bosses don't generally start with minions, so you're usually better off using one of his other equipments.
- I had used the infinite-Garonas and Chromie+Scabbs before though. They are certainly very effective for very little effort, though unfortunately the duplicate Garonas don't work with her 3rd ability so they can't discover anything fancy and are limited to a speed 8 attack to deal damage with... which is tough when you only have 1 health to survive with.
- I'm sure Nemsy against the rabbit works well, but Aranna and Xyrella trivially setting it's attack to 0 seems simpler to me. There is a related way to fight Maestra though: she can only attack once a turn at speed 4, so Kazakus can just keep summoning a taunt golem (also speed 4) and she's stuck.
Here's a couple of neat things I've been doing recently:
- Still on Nemsy: have you ever wanted that +12 attack bonus Cariel can have while in taunt but didn't want to waste a turn gaining taunt (and only temporarily at that!)? Well our little gnome warlock friend has us covered. By the same method, anyone and everyone can have taunt, giving Vanndar taunt teams much more freedom than they had before.
- Maiev's Warden's Shroud equipment is a great way to direct attacks towards your middle merc. A good use is with Bwonsamdi who can make himself take 0 damage for the turn them bounce everyone back to the bench, giving you a free turn against attack-based teams. This is particularly useful against Dragonbone Golem who starts as 2 protectors + 1 fighter and quickly summons a lot more protector mercs. So Malchezaar can turn the fighter into a protector, then when Bwonsamdi clears the board only 3 mercs will be replayed, so this process forces the 3 mercs summoned on turn 1 onto the bench. With everything now a protector and half their team sidelined, you can safely send out 3 casters to mop up the fight relatively easily.
Tome Tampering was already a problem in Wild because of its interaction with Malchezaar's Imp. The discard synergies have now been pushed far enough for them to be the primary way to abuse this interaction, but Tome Tampering is definitely the better target here.
Man, even when the odds are drastically in my favour my packs suck XD I got a signature card in the first Standard pack (so far so good), then a whole lotta nothing in the remaining 20, so I ended at a solid 'average'.
Quote From DaowenNot really anything to do with bounty and bosses, but a task from Khadgar. To be precise task 14: cooked with perfection.Question: is this task bugged?No matter what i try it never counts...or am i missing something?
Not really anything to do with bounty and bosses, but a task from Khadgar. To be precise task 14: cooked with perfection.Question: is this task bugged?No matter what i try it never counts...or am i missing something?
Iirc the issue comes from using the equipment that starts his buff ability upgraded. Take that off and it will probably complete fine (just a little slower than you had hoped).
Why has this bug not been fixed yet when it has been known for nearly 2 months? I wish I knew.
Hey, that's pretty good going for deathrattle packages these days. *Shudders at memories of deathrattle rogue during the Year of the Gryphon*
Yeah but, you have to do something alongside it. I'm a rogue main with well over 4000 wins with the class, so I know very well how much that combo keyword matters, and even on 1 mana cards it's not trivial. Quite often it will just be waiting in the hand in the early game because you either don't have the spare mana or didn't have anything else to do that turn, and quite often the 1 damage will just go face because there's nothing good to do with it.
I'm not saying it's bad by any stretch. Indeed, it'll probably see plenty of play, but the combo constraint means it probably won't feel anything special. Keep in mind Tracking exists, and while it gets used, nobody has ever given it very much attention. If it wasn't for the reappearance of reborn supplying lots of 1-health minions in the mid-to-late game, I'd confidently say I'd rather have Tracking. Hence, I'm not too fussed about Ghostly Strike. (I know, different classes, but you get the point.)
I'm with you. A conditional 1 mana Shiv just doesn't sound that noteworthy.
Quote From Me0203That in mind, it'd be fun if the Diamond card were decided AFTER the expansion launch - imagine a Horde V Alliance sort of event to decide which legendary gets the Diamond treatment.
That in mind, it'd be fun if the Diamond card were decided AFTER the expansion launch - imagine a Horde V Alliance sort of event to decide which legendary gets the Diamond treatment.
That's exactly what we had with Vanndar and Drek'thar in AV (not counting the very expensive Drek'thar version being made available to purchase later on).
I'm pretty sure it will just increase the numbers on that specific spell. You can think of it a bit like a normal handbuff for minions, just with the affected numbers inside the textbox instead of attack/health stats on the corners.
Maybe, but in all likelihood when the next bunch of mercs arrive you're still going to get visitors for mercs who you have already maxed out. Those 2 daily slots don't seem to care who's maxed out or not.
The worst is Tyrael. Iirc, he has coins in only 1 bounty (the Secret Cow level), and shares it with Uther... so that's 2 legendaries, meaning you aren't actually guaranteed Tyrael coins even going through it in heroic. I get they were going for 3 paladins as rewards on that level, but couldn't they have put one of the Roames there instead of Uther?
Why do you abandon the visitor quests? Sure, by the time you've put the coins through the coin -> renown -> coin conversion the rewards aren't much, but they are still something.
Plus, I actually quite enjoy being given 2 or 3 mercs to work out a team for, especially when they are not obvious teammates.
Not the main topic here, but...
Quote From Author
For example, Diamond Grand Magister Rommath is on the March of the Lich King Tavern Pass.
So, it's another diamond card for mage then? Shocker! :O
Maybe I'm only remembering the recent ones (Old Gods) then, but even so, once they've set up a system to change which coins are present, why not continue using it? It's not like it's difficult to find space as there's several bounties for the large majority* of mercs, so switching 1 out isn't a problem.
Perversely a few, mostly epics like Cho, only have coins in a single bounty, which is a bit annoying.