A new patch is coming to Legends of Runeterra this week, bringing home the final expansion of the year - The Darkin Saga: World Ender. With it we're getting a new event, some awesome cosmetics, and since it's an expansion, a bunch of brand new cards to tinker with. More details down below!
New Champions - Aatrox, Kayle, and Ryze
Three new champions are entering Legends of Runeterra.
Card Changes - The Sudden Surge Nerfed
A single card change is arriving with the patch, targeting The Sudden Surge.
- The Sudden Surge now gives and ally +4|+4 (Down from +5|+5)
When paired with Elusive units, the surge of offensive and defensive power was a little too sudden. This change should let it continue to fulfill its role at a healthier power level.
Worlds Bundle 2022 Card Back & Icon
Available through the limited-time Worlds Bundle in the shop. Get it and an associated icon for free!
World Championship 2022 Card Back
We're not 100% certain how this card back is obtained, but we're assuming it's like last year and the top 16 players in the Worlds Championship will receive it. If you see this on ladder, you may want to compete next year!
New Event: Bloodwoven
A handful of new card backs, emotes, and skins are going to be available on a new event pass. The pass will expire roughly a month after its debut, with these rewards going away on January 11, 2023. If you purchase the pass before December 21, you'll get a special quest that gives you a Rare Prismatic Chest.
“Become one with Xolaani. BECOME BLOODWOVEN.”
Xolaani’s corruption has seeped into the minds of the ancient Shuriman Ascended. Become one. We are one. In the Bloodwoven event we will be able to get our hands on all new Icons, Cards, Emotes, and new Champion Skins.
This pass, and future Event Passes, also come with many free nodes, so you’ll be able to earn rewards as you play whether you choose to purchase the Premium Event Pass or not. It should still take roughly the same amount of time and effort to complete this pass as previous Event Passes.
Purchase before December 21 to get an exclusive quest that awards 10 Arclight Sigils and a Rare Prismatic Chest! The event pass grants access to an upgraded event path with premium rewards and immediately unlocks Arclight Vayne. All unlockable rewards can be viewed on the Event rewards road.
Play games to earn Sun Disc Shards and unlock more rewards!
Event ends and pass expires January 11, 2023, 10:00 AM PT
New Champion Skins
We've got alternate art coming in hot for a few champions. The following skins have alternate art and no other cosmetic changes.
- Corrupted Xerath
- Corrupted Nasus
- Corrupted Azir
- Corrupted Renekton
Domination Seasonal Icons
More New Icons
- When Kayn is leveled-up via Aatrox’s ‘World Ender’ spell he will automatically become Rhaast, since his Shadow Assassin (Blue Kayn) form is technically not a Darkin! (Blue Kayn’s Darkin tag has slipped in, and will be removed in a later patch.)
- If Anaakca summons another Anaakca, the summoned Anaakca’s Attack effect will trigger again and summon another follower!
- When an Empowered unit falls below the necessary empowered value via other effects (such as frostbite) it will lose its Empowered effect.
- Cards like Rummage which have you target cards to Discard can’t be included in decks via Ryze’s Origin.
- Non-Darkin champions are not transformed into their equipped Darkin Weapon when assimilated.
- Master Yi will now currently apply his Everywhere buff to copies in a deck that are drawn as a unit
- Fixed a minor issue where Equipment was not always playing its Destroy VFX
- Morning Light will now no longer fizzle when its target is Silenced or leaves the field
- Fixed some VO and SFX issues that were either missing or playing incorrectly.
- Addressed some minor templating bugs.