Happy Friday! Nintendo's remastered Super Mario RPG drops today on Nintendo Switch alongside a handful of other titles. Check out what's new for November 17, 2023.
Persona 5 Tactica
Join the Phantom Thieves as they lead an uprising of the heart! Assemble an all-star team of heroes in a brand-new story in this thrilling combat adventure set in Persona’s iconic universe. After a strange incident, the Phantom Thieves wander into a bizarre realm where its citizens are living under tyrannical oppression. Surrounded by a military group named Legionnaires, they find themselves in grave danger until a mysterious revolutionary named Erina rescues them and offers an enticing deal in exchange for their help. What truth lies behind Erina and the deal she offers to the Phantom Thieves.
- Features an all-new story, the return of fan-favorite characters, and brand-new allies and foes.
- Assemble a team of beloved heroes to fight oppressive armies in thrilling turn-based combat.
- Overthrow your enemies with powerful Personas, an assortment of weapons, and wipe them out with style.
Developed by ATLUS.
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Realms of Ruin
Wage a campaign of brutal conquest in this realm-shattering real-time strategy game set in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar universe. Become a warlord to conquer the wild and savage Realm of Ghur in tense and tactical battles. Explore the nature of war from the perspectives of righteous champions and villainous warlords. Battle for survival and dominance across a campaign featuring four major factions, including Stormcast Eternals, Orruk Kruleboyz, Nighthaunt and the Disciples of Tzeentch! Experience a cinematic plot, penned in conjunction with acclaimed Black Library author, Gavin Thorpe.
- Enjoy a rich, character driven story of desperate conflict in a savage realm.
- Battle across procedurally generated wildlands in a single player experience, as you fight towards the final enemy.
- Build, share and compete on your own maps or other people’s, paint your own armies, create beautiful dioramas to show them off.
- Build your honour in casual play or put your strategy to the test and crown yourself as the one true ruler of Ghur.
Developed by Frontier Developments.
Super Mario RPG
Team up with an oddball group of heroes to save Star Road and stop the troublemaking Smithy Gang. This colorful RPG has updated graphics and cinematics that add even more charm to the unexpected alliance between Mario, Bowser, Peach, and original characters Mallow and Geno. Enter (or revisit) this world of eccentric allies and offbeat enemies in an RPG for everyone.
- Jump through a colorful world and give attacks some extra oomph in battle.
- Explore the vibrant environments with your party and jump towards your next goal.
- Run into monsters to enter turn-based battles with your party of three.
- Press the button at the right time for a satisfying dose of extra damage.
Developed by Nintendo.
Below the Stone
Below the Stone is a punishing pixel art roguelike about dwarves questing to reach the deepest depths. Each and every descent will lead to new adventures, where only the most determined players with many risked lives will be rewarded by the hidden world that lies Below the Stone. Discover the lore of dwarves, the treasures they die for, and the secrets they rarely speak of. Within the stone below lies the adventure everyone seeks, but there's always a price. Often death. Mine rare gems that grant magical buffs and can be socketed to your weapons and armor. When you have enough of one type of gem merge them together to make a more powerful version! This can be done over and over. Each level deeper pits you against more cunning creatures and more dangerous biomes. But also greater rewards to mine and uncover. No pain no gain. (And some pain can be relieved with a pint of Dwarven brew.)
- With each descent, you'll explore and find many unique ores, gems, and ancient treasures that have been buried before time.
- With over 25 uniquely dangerous and graphically beautiful biomes, there's no lack of new environments and resources to find.
- Prepare each dive below the stone by crafting new equipment, socketing new gems, and brewing new potions with all the resources you've harvested from your previous journeys.
- A dwarf's best friend is someone who can turn shiny things into useful tools. The Blacksmith is the reliable friend you can return home to when you're in need of proper weaponry, armor, and equipment for your future descents.
Developed by Strollart.
The game takes you to a not so distant future, in which Earth has been devastated by a Solar superstorm known as coronal mass ejection. Storm pushed Earth's magnetic field beyond planet circumference, allowing huge amounts of solar radiation to penetrate to the ground level. The temperature and radiation spike killed much of life on the surface and resulted in DNA mutations of life forms as small as viruses. When CME ended, the earth's magnetic field had reshaped into its protective function, but by then all life on earth was barely clinging to survival. Years passed and the surface is still a very dangerous place to live. Humans established settlements either deep underground or high above it. Mutants and gangs roam the wasteland in search of food, drink, and loot.
As a commander of the Union, a semi state organization with military and research potential, your goal is to help humanity rebuild. Modern military technology will give you an edge over the bandits, but the task will be far from an easy one.
- Make scientific direction choices that will help the civilian population and your troops survive in the hostile world.
- Expand your bases, deliver aid to settlements, rescue survivors, fight for food, water and medical supplies.
- On missions, you will come face to face with gangs of cyborgs, bandits, and mutants. Modern military technology may not be enough against their superior numbers.
Developed by Binge Gaming OU.
Do any of these games interest you and if so will you be checking them out? Let us know in the comments below.