Announced today as a part of Factorio's Friday Facts #397, the game is going to be introducing a new feature in the upcoming expansion that aims at making it easier to see what is going on with every item and recipe. Factoripedia to the rescue!
- Alt + Left Click opens up a window showcasing details on an item or recipe.
- There is also a dedicated button near your minimap to open the Factoripedia.
- You can see the ingredients needed to create an item, what recipes make use of it, how its unlocked, and more.
- The UI remembers previous pages you've seen, much like a web browser, so it's easy to go back and forth.
- Modded content can make use of the Factoripedia, as one would expect.
More specialized machines coming in Space Age makes it even more important to be able to see what's going on with various recipes and items. Additionally, each planet coming in the update can also be seen in a Factoripedia window telling us about its unique connections to other planets, recipes, and the resources we will find on it. This adds a whole new level of discovery into the game and can help us make better decisions about where we want to go.
For those looking to find other paths to make items, alternative recipes are also a highlight of Factoripedia which is a welcome addition. If it's been a while since you've played, it's easy to forget there are multiple ways to get Light Oil, which is a great way to make use of all the extra Heavy Oil we've been hoarding after filling our Lubricant tanks.
There is no release date yet for the Space Age 2.0 Expansion for Factorio, but in our ongoing quest to grow our factories, we're excited for the fresh set of content and today's new highlight of the Factoripedia. What do you think about the Factoripedia?