The patch that Blizzard announced yesterday, bringing nerfs to Kael'thas Sunstrider and Mindrender Illucia, is now live!
Mobile players, please be patient as the update hits your app store of choice. Mobile updates always lag behind those on desktop.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider now changes the third spell cast to cost (1) (Up from 0)
- Mindrender Illucia now costs 3 (Up from 2)
- Gentle Megasaur has been removed from the Battlegrounds minion pool.
- Arcane Cannon has been removed from Battlegrounds minion pool.
Minion Stat Changes
- Rabid Saurolisk now has 4 Attack (Up from 3).
- Monstrous Macaw now has 4 Attack and 3 Health (Up from 3/2)
- Mama Bear now has 4 Attack and 4 Health (Down from 5/5)
- The effect now gives Beasts +4/+4.
- Tavern Tier moved from 6 to 5
- Goldrinn, the Great Wolf now gives minions +5/+5 (Up from +4/+4)
- Rat Pack is now in Tier 3 (Up from Tier 2).
- Pack Leader is now in Tier 2 (Down from Tier 3).
- Primalfin Lookout is now in Tier 4 (Down from Tier 5)
- Now only Discovers minions from your current Tavern Tier or below.
- Nat Pagle, Extreme Angler - After this attacks and kills a minion, add a random minion to your hand.
- [REMOVED] Lady Vashj has been removed from the Battlegrounds Hero pool.
- [NERF] Captain Eudora's Buried Treasure Hero Power now starts with 5 Digs left (Up from 4).
- [BUFF] Reno Jackson's Gonna Be Rich! Hero Power now costs 0 (Down from 2)
- [BUFF] The Lich King's Reborn Rites Hero Power now costs 0 (Down from 1)
- Galakrond's Greed Hero Power now freezes the minion added to Bob’s Tavern.
- Fixed a visual bug with Archwitch Willow’s play animation.
- Fixed a bug where Southsea Strongarm was showing incorrect art.
- Fixed a bug where casting Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron with Rattlegore on board would cause the game to freeze.
- Fixed several technical bugs that would cause the game to crash.
Help, does someone know how much time do I have to think if I want to dust Ilucia or not?
2 weeks from nerf date
People are sleeping on the Lich Kimg buff. That essentially gives you an extra minion for free, which can be very impactful for the first 3 turns or so. Getting an early T1 Scallywag or T2 Boom Bot and putting Reborn on it can give you an insane early power boost, allowing you to powrr level. It also gives you an extra Macaw in a beast build, an stickier Dread Pirate in pirate builds, etc.
I knew there was something strange about the South sea strong arm!
well... there goes my Illucia-Cho OTK deck. RIP
I still played through with KT in Druid and was able to pull a lot of stuff out. YES it is slower with the cost going up from (0). But it is still going to be used. I have noticed though that there have been less Druids in the ladder and I am encountering more Hunter and Mage. Anyone else?
Bannin' the Cannon. Woo!
I have a question about Galakrond's Hero Power: If I refresh the board when only one minion is frozen, will the frozen minion stay? I am pretty sure it won't, but I just want to be sure.
It won't stay after you refresh, I just tried this and had to concede because of shame.
Sadly, Reno Jackson's Hero power worked the same way as before for me.
That Megasaur removal is huge!
finally, I'm free from the arcane cannon!
Is the Cupcake card back available now that the patch is out
Can’t wait to dust my Golden Kael'thas Sunstrider /s
Well that's the thing - we're given a free legendary.
But aside from niche legendary effects for all intensive purposes it's a below common rarity with no dust value you can only put one of in your deck.
But I guess it's better than a real legendary you actually have to pack or craft.
I mean, otherwise people would complain Blizz only gives out meme cards
shh Marin the Fox might hear you :P
Time for riot... or taking our knives out.
yay! They sure do react fast now dont they!