The second Grandmasters Season of 2022 concludes! 8 remaining players will be battling it out for a coveted spot at Hearthstone World Championship in December. You can find everything you need to know below.
This Week's Format
Every week will follow the same tournament format, with only the gameplay format changing. Contrary to previous seasons, all matches will be shown on stream.
- Best-of-seven Conquest.
- 2 Dual Elimination groups with top 2 players advancing.
- Top 2 point earners will start on the Winners' bracket, and bottom 2 from the losers' bracket.
- Top 4 play through a single-elimination bracket to decide the winner.
To learn more about the competition format, check out the spoiler below.
Grandmasters: Last Call
During weeks 1-3, players will be separated into four groups for dual-tournament play. Unlike in previous GM seasons, all matches will occur live on broadcast. The two winners of each group will then play on Sundays. Players will receive points based on total number of wins each week, which will determine final standings before the Playoffs. The new weekly groups will be posted to the Hearthstone Esports twitter!
- Groups A and C will play first on days 1 and 2 and will always feature Asia-Pacific competitors.
- Groups B and D will play last on days 1 and 2 and always include the Americas competitors.
- The two winners of each group will form a top 8 that will play single-elimination matches to determine the weekly winner.
- Gameplay format changes every week:
- Week 1: Best of 5 Conquest
- Week 2: Trio
- Week 3: Last Hero Standing
- Playoffs: Best of 7 Conquest
Grandmasters is being retired in style, with an experimental new format! Joining Conquest and Last Hero Standing is the brand-new Trio. We are excited to see how the Trio format performs when played at the pro level and if well received then we’ll consider how to possibly implement it in other Hearthstone Esports tournaments. Here’s how the format works:
- Hearthstone Esports team will create 5 unique groups of three classes each.
- Groups may share one or two classes.
- Players will choose one of the groups.
- They’ll submit three-deck lineups that include each class within their selected group.
- Group selections will be private, without any knowledge of what other players have selected.
- Matches will be best-of-five, with each winning deck becoming unavailable for the rest of the match.
This Week's Pack Drops
In this final season of Grandmasters, there will be 2 packs available every week! As usual, you'll need to watch 2 hours to get one pack and another two to get the second one.
- Grandmasters Week 1-3 & Playoffs: Murder at Castle Nathria (max 2 packs each week)
Due to the different structure of the competition there are no regional streams and the daily streams have varying starting hours.
You can find all the matches, results, and decklists (including the off-stream matches) on the official tournament site.
You can watch all the action on the official Hearthstone YouTube channel. Don't forget that you should be following the games on YouTube while logged in for those sweet pack drops!