Welcome, fellow achievement hunter.
Ever since the introduction of the rewards track, each expansion has always brought us a handful of achievements to complete in order to gain more rewards: while some of them are relatively easy to complete, some others may take some time or a proper set up. In case you're wondering what's the best way to gain all that sweet sweet XP locked behind Murder at Castle Nathria's achievements, do not fret, as we have the answer you're looking for!
In this guide we'll focus our attention on the Castle Nathria Paladin achievements and provide at least one way to complete each of them so that you'll be able to get closer to the end of your reward track.
Disclaimer: as always, all expansion achievements can be completed in Ranked Standard, Ranked Wild, Arena, Casual & Heroic Duels and Classic - Casual Standard, Casual Wild and Tavern Brawl will not count towards your hunt! Moreover, we'll always take Ranked Standard as the default game format for our strategies: if we happen to have some strategies or particular interactions belonging to other modes to highlight, we'll be sure to specify it.
Here are all the achievements we're going to complete together:
- Benefits Package - Promote a Silver Hand Recruit to 10 or more Attack with Promotion.
- For Whom the Bell Tolls - Deal 30/60/120 damage with Divine Toll.
- Guest of Honor - Invite 16 different legendaries with Legendary Invitations.
- Entitled to Compensation - Set 25 minions' stats to 1/1 with Class Action Lawyer.
Castle Nathria Paladin Achievements Overview
Paladin got lucky with the achievements set in Castle Nathria:
- Benefits Package is locked behind owning an epic card in Promotion, but this is where the hard part ends.
- For Whom the Bell Tolls is slow, but you have ways to make it progress steadily.
- Guests of Honor won't give you any trouble outside of remembering what you Discovered with the previous Legendary Invitations.
Edit: guide updated with the achievement from the Maw and Disorder Mini-Set.
How to Complete the "Benefits Package" Paladin Achievement
- Requirement: Promote a Silver Hand Recruit to 10 or more Attack with Promotion.
- Speed Rating: 5/5.
- XP Points Rewarded: 200 XP
- Related Achievements: none.
Long story short, you need to use Promotion to bring a Silver Hand Recruit to 10+ Attack. There are multiple ways for you to achieve this result: Paladin is proficient in both in-hand and on-board buffs, so you don't lack alternatives.
- Play Sinful Sous Chef, whose Deathrattle will add two Recruits to your hand.
- From now on, the work you need to do depends on how many copies of Promotion you own or you have in hand.
- If you have just one copy, then the Silver Hand Recruit needs to have at least 7 Attack.
- If you have two, then 4 Attack will suffice.
- Play your Recruit and buff it until it has the Attack you need.
- Play the Promotion(s) and enjoy your XP points!
How to Complete the "For Whom the Bell Tolls" Paladin Achievement
- Requirement: Deal 30/60/120 damage with Divine Toll.
- Speed Rating: 2/5.
- XP Points Rewarded: 100, 100 and 500 XP
- Related Achievements: none.
For Whom the Bell Tolls is quite the annoying achievement for two main reasons:
- Divine Toll can hit both friendly and enemy minions, but will deal damage only to the latter.
- Sure, you can play around this, but sometimes it just won't be possible.
- Divine Toll costs 7 mana.
- Even if you discount it a bit with, let's say, Cariel Roame, you'll still have to wait a lot of turns before playing the spell: in the meantime, you may also die!
Having all of this said, we suggest you to complete For Whom the Bell Tolls without focusing on it: the card seems to be good, so just play some (Pure) Paladin and you'll eventually get there. For those of you that still want to grind this achievement, here's a spell generation heavy list that will allow you to create additional copies of Divine Toll for extra progression.
How to Complete the "Guest of Honor" Paladin Achievement
- Requirement: Invite 16 different legendaries with Legendary Invitations.
- Speed Rating: 4/5.
- XP Points Rewarded: 200 XP
- Related Achievements:
- Paladin's For Whom the Bell Tolls - If you want to build a Pure deck, you'll need lots of Paladin cards, and Divine Toll seems like a solid addition.
- Technically, any achievement that requires you to own and play a Legendary minion, for example Demon Hunter's Appetite for Destruction, Hunter's Huntsman's Best Friend and Warrior's Night of the Living Blades.
Not a particularly long achievement, as the main difficulty resides in the fact that you need to remember what Legendaries you picked from the previous Legendary Invitations, so that you'll always progress the achievement. In order for us to complete Guest of Honor, the most efficient way is to play a Pure Paladin deck: sure, we'll miss out on many good Neutral tools, but at the same time we'll be guaranteed to have The Countess active!
- There are some particularly good pulls off the Legendary Invitations, such as Commander Sivara and Krag'wa, the Frog.
- Muckborn Servant gives you a chance to Discover an additional The Countess for extra Legendary Invitations.
- Duels format note: there's a tier 1 Passive Treasure called Be Our Guest which shuffles 3 Legendary Invitations in your deck at the start of each game. Of course, said Invitations will count towards Guest of Honor.
How to Complete the "Entitled to Compensation" Paladin Achievement
- Requirement: Set 25/50 minions' stats to 1/1 with Class Action Lawyer.
- Speed Rating: 3/5
- XP Points Rewared: 200 and 200 XP
- Related Achievements: none
Pretty straightforward achievement that asks you to play a good card in a particularly fancy deck: even if you do not own The Countess, you can still go "Pure" and grind out Entitled to Compensation.
If you have a wide collection, we suggest you to play the list you see below.
If you're on a budget, you may try something like this.
In case you're still deep in your achievement hunt, worry not: we prepared a guide for each class (and neutrals!) for you to take inspiration from, so that you'll be able to complete them in no time for those sweet sweet XP points.
We have added an #achievements channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own decks that you've used to complete the achievements above.
Good luck tackling any of these achievements for your experience boost or just for the sake of satisfying completion!