It's been almost four and a half months since Monumental acquired the rights to Mythgard, and we finally get some news about what happens on the other side of the mountain, as the devs just posted blog with some updates.
In terms of visible changes, there's not much to report. Most of the action happened behind the scene, with the expansion of the team by 16 new members, as well as the creation of new testing and developing environments for the game. Nothing the player could notice, but a larger team and better dev practices are always good.
The more exciting news is related to what's coming. The game will receive some balance changes based on community feedback, the on-boarding experience will get some improvements, the story of the game in getting re-released and will continue, and there's a new expansion coming presumably when or shortly after the game re-launches.
Quote From Monumental
Since the Mythgard acquisition in October, the team has been working hard to learn and master the systems that make it such a great game. We’re finally ready to release our first small (but official) update to Mythgard. Because there’s nothing player-facing in this update, we want to let everyone know what’s happening behind the scenes:
- Expanding the Team: We’ve onboarded 16 developers onto Mythgard.
- Build Pipeline: We created new development and testing environments for Mythgard.
- Publishing Control: We’ve transferred Mythgard to our Apple, Google, and Steam developer accounts so we can publish updates.
- Release Process: We’ve created a robust testing and release process so we can confidently release and revert.
Taking over Mythgard has been fun and exciting for us. We have some interesting content updates in the coming months:
- Balance Pass: We’re working to make some balance changes, based on community feedback.
- Onboarding Experience: We’re improving the new player experience to make the game more accessible and easier to learn.
- Quality of Life: We’re tackling a huge pile of tech debt and quality of life issues.
- Story Mode: The current storyline will get a re-release and continuation.
- Expansion: Yes, we’re working on a new expansion!
The Monumental Mythgard Team
Are you as excited for the game's relaunch as we are? Let us know what you hope to see in the new game in the comments bellow!
Oh yes, Mythgard had it issues but was one of most fun card games with unique blend of lore I really enjoyed.
Yes, excited. Better new player experience and a continued story mode are very welcome.