Kobolds and Catacombs Card Spoilers & Expansion Guide
Hold on to your candles, Kobolds & Catacombs is Hearthstone's 7th Expansion. It launched on December 7th 2017 - Patch Notes
Delve deep into a treacherous dungeon in search of legendary weapons and treasure with 135 new cards and an all new single player mode.
- New Keyword - Recruit gives you the means to summon particular minions directly from your deck to the board.
- New Mechanic - Spellstones can be upgraded in your hand when certain conditions are met.
- Unidentified Items - Priest, Warrior, and Paladin each received a card that randomly gains one of several possible bonus effects when drawn.
- Legendary Weapons - This was the first set of cards to bring us Legendary weapons. Even classes that do not typically use weapons got one.
- Rogue Secrets - Rogue is now the 4th class with secret cards. Things have gotten a lot trickier!
- New Single Player Content - Dungeon Run was introduced along with the new set as a new single player mode.
Pre-Order & Free Content
Leading up to the release of Kobolds & Catacombs, players had an opportunity to purchase a pre-order bundle of 50 packs, along with an exclusive card back for $49.99 USD.
Additionally, some free content was available for all players.
- Everyone received a free copy of Marin the Fox after Blizzcon prior to launch.
- A golden copy of Marin the Fox was available for all Blizzcon ticket holders.
- Everyone received one free legendary weapon at random for logging in after the set launched.
- Dungeon Run is new single player content available to everyone for free.
With this expansion a new mechanic called Recruit was introduced. This keyword will summon a random minion from your deck, often with particular criteria you might build a deck around.
These are a new sort of spell. When you satisfy a spellstone's requirements while holding it, it will upgrade to a more powerful version. This can happen a total of two times. One was released for each class:
Cards that are Unidentified say so in their name, and all have a base effect. When drawn, they randomly gain one of multiple bonuses. Only three such cards were released:
This is the first expansion to grace us with Legendary weapons. Each has a unique effect and stat distribution. One weapon for each class, even those that have never had one!
Everyone who questioned Rogue not having secrets was put at ease with this set! Rogue secrets cost (2), just as those of the Hunter class. You may recognize some of the effects:
- A free roguelike adventure in which to battle a series of 8 bosses.
- 48 unique boss encounters provide lots of replay value.
- Choose a class and begin with a very basic deck. This does not use your collection.
- As you progress you will be presented with new cards and treasures.
- Some new cards have been created specifically for this mode.
- If you are defeated at any point in your run, it's over. Try again!
Tale of the Fox
A short story was released in three parts as a teaser for the expansion.
| Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 |
Click Here To Skip Revealed Cards
Revealed Cards for Kobolds and Catacombs
These are all the cards that have currently been revealed for Kobolds and Catacombs.
Card Back & Pack
Initial Card Reveal VOD
Final Reveal VOD
Leave a Comment
You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.
Has anyone ever really got use out of Dragon Soul? I've been trying for the longest time to make it a viable option, but it just feels like a wasted effort
Does anyone know if there is a place where we can see all of the Dungeon-Run-only cards?