Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Spoilers & Expansion Guide
Bundle up, Hearthstone's 6th Expansion is Knights of the Frozen Throne! It was released on August 10th 2017 - Patch Notes
Everyone died, but that was only the beginning. The Lich King's influence is prevalent in this set of 135 frosty cards.
- New Card Type - Hero Cards allow you to put new Heroes in your deck.
- Hero Cards - Death Knights will replace your current hero with a Death Knight version when played. Each has a new hero power and voice lines.
- New Keyword - Lifesteal heals your hero for an amount equal to the damage a lifesteal card inflicts.
- New Single Player Content - Solo Missions put you in Icecrown Citadel on an adventure to defeat The Lich King himself.
- New Hero - Prince Arthas can be earned by defeating The Lich King with every class.
Pre-Order & Free Content
Leading up to the release of Knights of the Frozen Throne, players had an opportunity to purchase a pre-order bundle of 50 packs along with an exclusive card back for $49.99 USD.
Additionally, some free content was available for all players.
- Free solo missions in an adventure through Icecrown Citadel.
- Alternate Paladin hero, Prince Arthas, for defeating The Lich King with every hero.
- Completing the Prologue rewards you with one random Death Knight Hero Card.
- Each wing of the adventure rewards you with one pack upon completion.
- Thanks - "You have my gratitude."
- Well played - "Well played."
- Greetings - "Hail, and well met."
- Wow - "Holy Light!"
- Oops - "A misstep."
- Threaten - "You are past redemption!"
- A new type of Legendary card that replaces your existing Hero.
- The new Heroes have their own unique voice lines.
- Each Hero has a unique Hero Power and grants you some Armor.
- Each also has card text.
- If you play a Hero Card from a different class, the game will recognize you as the class of the new Hero.
- You may put multiple different Hero Cards in a deck, but only one of each.
The theme of this expansion involves everybody dying. As such, 9 Death Knight Hero cards were released; one for each class.
Although this keyword is new, the effect has been around for some time. A card with Lifesteal will heal your hero equal to the damage that card inflicts when it attacks.
In total 14 cards were released with Lifesteal in this set, plus two existing cards with this effect had their text consolidated with this keyword.
- This content is free for everyone.
- The adventure consists eight missions including a final boss, The Lich King.
- Completing the Prologue rewards you with a random Death Knight Hero Card.
- One pack is earned for each completed wing.
- The Lich King will play differently against each class.
A series of three blog posts brought us some fabulous chat logs between The Lich King and his pals.
Revealed Cards for Knights of the Frozen Throne
These are all the cards that have currently been revealed for Knights of the Frozen Throne.