Welcome, fellow achievement hunter.
Ever since the introduction of the rewards track, each expansion has always brought us a handful of achievements to complete in order to gain more rewards: while some of them are relatively easy to complete, some others may take some time or a proper set up. In case you're wondering what's the best way to gain all that sweet sweet XP locked behind Voyage To The Sunken City's achievements, do not fret, as we have the answer you're looking for!
In this guide we'll focus our attention on the Sunken City Demon Hunter achievements and provide at least one way to complete each of them so that you'll be able to get closer to the end of your reward track.
Novelty: starting from the Voyage To The Sunken City Achievement Guides, we're introducing the Related Achievements criterion, which basically goes to show if a certain achievement has a strong relation with another one (be it from the same class or from the Neutral section), and therefore if they are beneficial for each other from the completion point of view. All in all, it says if you can hit two (or more) birds with a single stone!
Disclaimer: as always, all expansion achievements can be completed in Ranked Standard, Ranked Wild, Arena, Casual & Heroic Duels and Classic - Casual Standard, Casual Wild and Tavern Brawl will not count towards your hunt! Moreover, we'll always take Ranked Standard as the default game format for our strategies: if we happen to have some strategies or particular interactions belonging to other modes to highlight, we'll be sure to specify it.
Here are all the achievements we're going to complete together:
- Catfished - Restore 50/100/200 Health with Blackwater Behemoth.
- Psst... Worship N'Zoth - Deal 100 damage with Whispers of the Deep.
- You Spin Me Right Round - Destroy 12 minions with one Whirlpool.
- Lather, Rinse, Repeat - Increase the cost of enemy cards by 20/40 with Disarming Elemental.
Sunken City Priest Achievements Overview
Priest has one of the most difficult achievement sets of the entire Voyage To The Sunken City.
- Both Catfished and Psst... Worship N'Zoth are very slow to complete and there's no real way to speed them up.
- While You Spin Me Right Round can be completed in a single turn, the perfect scenario is either very fringe or particularly difficult to set up.
If you're new to the Sunken Achievement hunting season, consider starting with another class!
Edit: guide updated with the Throne of the Tides Mini-Set achievements.
How to Complete the "Catfished" Priest Achievement
- Requirement: Restore 50/100/200 Health with Blackwater Behemoth.
- Speed Rating: 1/5.
- Related Achievements:
More intricate of an achievement than you might think.
- Firstly, Blackwater Behemoth does not have Rush, so you'll have to rely on its Lure.
- Secondly, the end-of-turn attack is random, which might as well mean bumping into a Divine Shield minion and not getting any health restored.
- Finally, for Behemoth to restore health you need to be heavily wounded: if you're at 30 health, you won't progress Catfished.
Since there's no Resurrect synergy in Standard and Priest has no Beast support, the most efficient way (and it's a fat euphemism) is playing Highlander Priest, taking it slow and grinding out our opponents. Yep, doesn't sound particularly exciting, but we don't have may alternatives...
How to Complete the "Psst... Worship N'zoth" Priest Achievement
- Requirement: Deal 100 damage with Whispers of the Deep.
- Speed Rating: 2/5.
- Related Achievements:
- Neutral's Squelched - 120 minions are a lot, but at least this deck is a good starting point!
Unfortunately, Whispers of the Deep works in a way that firstly Silences the friendly minion and then deals damage equal to its Attack value spread across all enemy minions - therefore, you won't be able to complete Psst... Worship N'Zoth in one go with Divine Spirit-Inner Fire/Bless shenanigans.
The consequence is that you'll have to deal those 100 damage bit by bit, and the best way to do it is by obviously playing Silence Priest.
- We considered Dark Inquisitor Xanesh-Horrendous Growth shenanigans for a bit (Corrupted Growth is a new card, so Silencing it won't reduce its stats), but then we realized there was another problem.
How to Complete the "You Spin Me Right Round" Priest Achievement
- Requirement: Destroy 12 minions with one Whirlpool.
- Speed Rating: 5/5.
- Related Achievements: none.
By the way You Spin Me Right Round is worded we can deduce that the minions you'll destroy off-board with Whirlpool's side-effect will also count towards this achievement. In other words, the 12 minions you need to destroy need to be either:
- on the board;
- in hand (doesn't matter if yours or your opponent's);
- in the deck (doesn't matter if yours or your opponent's).
As of now, we haven't located any reliable Standard strategy to complete this achievement other than running Whirlpool in any Control Priest we'll play in the future weeks and hope the board will be crowded enough for us to proceed.
Wild, on the other hand, offers a couple relevant solutions:
- The first one is a Miracle-styled deck with Mad Summoner.
- The second one revolves around Bad Luck Albatross madness.
Starting from the first suggestion, here's what you need to do in order to complete the You Spin Me Right Round achievement.
- You need to have a hand as close as what follows.
- Play both Bloodweavers/play one and summon the other.
- Start to cast spells until you reduce Auctioneer's cost enough so that it can be played for little to no mana investment.
- Once Bloodweavers and Auctioneer are on board, for each spell you cast you'll draw a card and then discount your hand for 2 mana.
- Draw out your entire deck and eventually Mad Summoner and Whirlpool.
- Discount both so that they can be played.
- Play Mad Summoner, which will fill the entire board with Imps, meaning that there will be 14 minions in play.
- Cast Whirlpool, clearing the board and getting the achievement done.
Here are some mulligan and gameplay tips:
- Keep Insight and Switcheroo - both are tremendously good at finding your key components, which are almost all minions.
- Obviously send back to your deck any minion you find in the mulligan, with maybe Nazmani Bloodweaver as the only exception.
- Everything starts from that unit's discount effect, so you may as well keep it.
- Use your Discover effect to find additional card draw, removal (if required) or copy effect like Vivid Nightmare or [Hearthstone Card (Gift of luminace) Not Found].
However, if you want to have some birb shenanigans, then a greedy Deathrattle Priest is your jam. Sure, you'll end up blowing up your own win condition, but at least you'll be able to complete the achievement!
How to Complete the "Lather, Rinse, Repeat" Priest Achievement
- Requirement: Increase the cost of enemy cards by 20/40 with Disarming Elemental.
- Speed Rating: 4/5
- Related Achievements:
- Neutral's Seashells by the Seafloor
Another quite easy achievement, as all you need to do is playing Disarming Elemental a bunch of times and always Dredge the cheapest card for your opponent.
- This deck's only minions are Brann Bronzebeard and Disarming Elemental, so that Switcheroo will always draw them.
- Stall the game until you get to turn 7 (or 6 plus coin).
- Play Brann Bronzebeard into Disarming Elemental for double Dredges into double progression procs.
- If you're a fan of Seek Guidance Questline Priest, you may want to jam Disarming Elemental in there and have fun with it.
- It's not going to be the fastest way to complete Lather, Rinse, Repeat, but nobody says you cannot have some fun along the way!
In case you're still deep in your achievement hunt, worry not: we prepared a guide for each class (and neutrals!) for you to take inspiration from, so that you'll be able to complete them in no time for those sweet sweet XP points.
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your achievement progression journey, and we have added an #achievements channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own decks that you've used to complete the achievements above.
Good luck tackling any of these achievements for your experience boost or just for the sake of satisfying completion!