We've got a round of hotfixes going out tonight on the Hearthstone servers and with it, several bug fixes including balance adjustments for Battlegrounds and Duels. This round of fixes will also include the previously mentioned disabling of Castle Nathria quests that players were receiving for their dailies and weeklies, even though it was not possible to complete them easily (the exception being Duels). Read on for all the details!
Keep in mind that this is a server-side patch, so no download is required. It may take some time to go live in your region though so if you aren't immediately seeing these changes, give it a bit!
Quote From GnomeSayin
We are currently in the process of rolling out a server-side hotfix with the following updates:
- Grease Bot is being temporarily removed from the Battlegrounds minion pool.
Bug Fixes and Game Improvements:
- Fixed a bug where “Reveal a minion in each deck” (aka “jousting”) cards could reveal spells instead of minions.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Hats on Hats on Hats achievement from progressing.
- Promoted Deck Swabbie to the Pirate minion type in Duels.
- Temporarily disabled players from rolling Quests based on the new Murder at Castle Nathria mechanics until after the expansion launches. Players who have already rolled those Quests can re-roll them, save them until the expansion launches, or complete them in Duels.
Ehhh, I loved discovering Grease Bot as a Galakrond in early game for an enormous scaling but it's understandable why it's being removed, although I'd try to nerf the stats it was giving to +2/+2 or even +2/+1 because that card was the reason why Divine Shield comps were playable, meantime parrot + frog + Baron comp is left untouched
Greasebot was pretty broken but I'm surprised Kooky Chemist didn't leave as well. That card breaks so many mechanics that it's the reason Quillboars are so good rn.
I like Kooky Chemist, but putting him in 2 star pool too kooky
Chemist is good with Spellcraft to save given stats, but why he is good with Quillboars?
Because after you switch the stats of the minion which has a lot of blood gems on it, game stop seeing the buffs as a result of the gems, and treats it as a result of the Kokkie's switch. So then, after you play Necrolyte to transfer the gems of a minion which was "Kookied' before, the original minion keeps the buffs (because they are result of the switch) and the target minion still gets the original buffs.
So step 1: let's say you played 3 blood gems on a 1/1 Tabby Cat, so we Cat is 4/4
step 2: you use Kooky on the Cat - Cat is still 4/4
step 3: you play Necrolyte and Target the Sellemental positioned next to Tabby Cat - as a result, you get 7/7 Sellemental and 4/4 Tabby Cat, because techically bloodgems were not the reason for Cat's buff anymore.
Now imagine the above on a massive scale, with Darkgaze + other Quills + Hydra / Foe Reaper / Divine Shield minions etc.