Barnes is a Poopy Head

One Night in Karazhan
    Refreshment Vendor 880 1487 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 4 years, 9 months ago

The real flaw to Wild is not being just a stack of the history of the game and its powercreep.

The flaw of Wild is being the stack of a design policy based exclusively on contextual balance (of each Standard meta), without taking into consideration the absolute value of cards, and the potential synergy they provide.

Maybe one day we'll have counters so efficient and consistent that they can be staples for any deck and BP will be unplayable (eg some Hungry Crab for Graveyard cards?).

Fight flaws with OP stuff. It could be an option.

Problem is, how long is it going to take? When the game is old, and Wild forgotten?

50 5 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I think that it's res mechanic that is the problem. If I kill a 1/1 token, then a 1/1 token should be resurrected instead of a full statted minion. 

I also think being able to banish minions so they can't be resurrected is a good option.

Even God has an angel of death

1095 819 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

God I miss notifications on this website. 2 weeks old but anyway: 

Quote From Synesthesy

Second, while I said that Big Priest is easy to play, it is less easy to really understand. This is, IMHO, the reason of it all: people think that your opponent has played Exodia while he was playing a 3/4 summon a 1/1 copy of a minion. And people think they would have won if opponent didn't play Barnes too early, while it could have meant only 2 turns more before a shadow essence.
    Obviously the equation Barnes==victory isn't true, and Big Priest's win rate isn't the % of drawing Barnes before turn 4.

But it does, though? Look at the mulligan winrate of Barnes for both these decks, compared with any other card in that deck. 

https://hsreplay.net/decks/nGF1ovvAyXkbQ52qSArUuh/#gameType=RANKED_WILD

https://hsreplay.net/decks/fpRjBOpJALZ08SHEici48d/#gameType=RANKED_WILD

Quote From Synesthesy

What I sometimes see is that a part of the community doesn't want to adapt. This is another problem, and the solution here is less less easy to find. I found that back in the days of quest rogue: I often argued in defence of the quest, because I've almost never lost against a quest rogue with a control deck. I didn't know about high legend, but in my tier (10 to 5 at the time) people wasn't able to understand how quest rogue should be played, so they always went all in into a dragonfire potion.

The only way to adapt to big priest is to play aggressive decks that beat it before the bullshit starts. Which is exactly why the current wild meta is hyper aggressive with little to no control decks. 

Quote From Synesthesy

So, to recap: IMHO, strong doesn't mean unfun, RNG doesn't mean unfun, and unfun doesn't always mean nerf. I think that we need at least Star Aligner Druid power level to need a nerf, so a tier 2 deck doesn't qualify. And last but not least, Barnes on turn 4 alone isn't enough to say win or lose. There is a lot more of things to discuss.

PS: still think that a nerf to oblivion to Barnes would do nothing. We would need to kill the entire engine of resurrection, taking away resurrections from Priest's identity. And after we would have a worst metagame then now.

You're still missing the point on what actually makes the deck unfun. It's RNG, but not the RNG that you described. It's the RNG of "does your opponent draw card x before turn 3/4". Something that cannot be influenced in any way. This makes the deck extremely hit or miss, on top of it being braindead-easy to play. 

Nerfing Barnes is a bloody start. It's a lot better than Blizzard saying "Yeah we're definitely looking at priest guise!" for the umpteenth time. But yes, just nerfing Barnes at this point probably isn't enough. 

Gul'dan 275 107 Posts Joined 06/18/2019

Better idea: make all ressurect cards say: resurrect a random minion that died this game or resurrect a minion that costs under 6 mana

Reno Jackson

Kazakus

My faves!

You can beat me but I will still yeet your skeet

Ancestral Recall 1585 2271 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From RavenSunHS

Big Priest is an abomination, built upon multiple broken/flawed mechanics: Summon AND Resurrect.

Nerfing Barnes only will help a bit, but it won't fix the deck back to tier meme where it belongs, mainly because now Archmage Vargoth exists (let's not forget Wild Priest has humongous board clears and survival tools).

Nerfing Barnes alone would mainly help hyper-Aggro decks (that are already favoured and top tiers). Anything slower would still have a hard time against a properly curving Big Priest with Archmage Vargoth. So the meta wouldn't shift, and the Big Priest population would remain the same.

And as long as Big Priest is so popular, Control will never make it in the meta (i don't like Control, but Wild desperately needs some more of it. Just a little bit more than now).

The deck needs both a nerf on Barnes, Shadow Essence, AND the whole Resurrect package. At least +(1) on each card. Possibly +(2) on the cheapest ones.

"Just play Aggro" is not a solution, because it is ruining the mode. 

PS: same goes for Darkest Hour Warlock ofc. Both decks are equally degenerate. And we like Wild mode. Not Degenerate mode...

You seem to be against big priest being a thing and yet your avatar is Haro Setting Sun, a boss from Dalaran Heist which his deck is essentially big priest.

Vampire 340 142 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I hate this card as much as the next guy, I don't even like to play this (I use the ressurect deck to do the play priest cards quest, and it's just boring), but no one dares to compare Naga Sea Witch to this.
    That was one of the most dumb moments for blizzard and community. Naga was a perfectly unknown card and for now reason blizz changed the effect, making cards cost originally 5 (going to zero easily with giants). After that, instead of just reverting their mistake, community insisted in the worse solution to everything, a nerf. Now, another card totally obliterated by the nerf hammer. STOP ASKING NERFS, ask buffs! And the problem to big priest it's not this, is printing ressurection cards every single expansion.

Child of Galakrond 355 144 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 4 years, 6 months ago

cool

Jacks.Co

Child of Galakrond 170 23 Posts Joined 09/04/2019
    Posted 4 years, 6 months ago
    Quote From Draakmier

cool

Mate, you retarded or something?

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

ODYN
    0 Users Here