Arcane fletcher BUFF suggestion

Hungry Ghost 315 199 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 4 years, 10 months ago

Arcane Fletcher Card Image

Im at work so I may or may not upload a modified card image later.

All I'm suggesting is changing it from "play a 1-cost minion" to "summon a 1-cost minion" ... the card's cost is restrictive for it's effect.. summoning 1-costs is not as hard and the change would reduce the tempo loss that makes this minion really bad.

Since Blizzard discovered the revolutionary concept of the "reverse nerf" a.k.a "buff" I figured I'd share one..  

Edit: some grammar corrections.. l

ARES summons Erymanthian Huffer.

ARES declares attack with Huffer .

Adonis' hp reached 0. ARES wins!

Refreshment Vendor 880 1487 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

Hunter is not meant to have efficient card draw.

Master's Call is an exception, and it's not in a 3rd expansion (staying Standard for 1y 4m only, instead of 2y) by chance.

Even more importantly, card draw must always implies a Tempo loss.

Divine Rager 530 184 Posts Joined 06/07/2019

I agree, quite a lacklustre card! 

Spell damage hunter has popped up once or twice in the past, a fun theme to explore such as Vereesa Windrunner = Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    In the past, I've been surprised on the odd occasion when I was unable to deal with their spell damage minion and had to take  a 3 or 4 damage explosive trap

Perhaps the stats could remain the same but +1 spell damage and have "When this minion attacks discover a 1 cost spell"

Won't disturb hunters lack of card draw but will give them some nice minor options in tricky moments, most likely only surviving 1 attack, though any more than that will make for a nice collection of 1 cost spells, some notable ones being Shooting Star / Shriek / Upgrade! / Crystal Power / Desperate Measures

Let me light the way.

Wouldn't work like you think..

I got a deck using the Dragon package and Firetree Witchdoctor to discover spells.. Discover only gives you spells from your class unless specified "from another class".

I like the idea though

465 713 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

That would make the card absolutely nutty with unleash the hounds or microbot tokens. The fletcher's problem at the moment is that its job is being done better by other cards in the decks that are currently viable: Hunter's Call in beast hunter and Ursatron in mech hunter.

Pushing the card's power level just to have it see play would make hunter as a class pretty OP. I'd much rather have them print more cards that synergise with playing 1 cost minions in the future, if the goal is to make Arcane Fletcher viable. The effect is extremely powerful, that's not the issue here.

Divine Rager 530 184 Posts Joined 06/07/2019

My bad forgot to mention from another class.

Although come to think of it, if it were only (discover a [hunter] 1 cost spell) it would still make for an interesting play style, more so in the wild format.

Nice deck, looks like you can get some crazy results from that setup!

Let me light the way.

You might be right... All it would take is a 1 mana echo minion to make the card as it is currently less restrictive.. 

Arguably Halazzi, the Lynx already removes the need for too many 1 costs which would take up the spot of spells but it's one card out of 30.  Springpaw is potentially 4 spells but we're still talking of an 8 mana play.. you better have a worthy spell to spend 8 mana drawing it.. Call of the Wild ?

85 15 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I like the Fletcher. I run it with the Lynx, Springpaw, the wolves, and the butterflies. I feel like you get value if you get 2+ cards out of it, so I think of it as a 6-drop, 3/3, draw 2. Every once in a while, though, I get to draw 5-6 spells, which really thins the deck and gives you options for setting up Zul'jin. 

As others have said, the main problem with Fletcher is that Master's Call is so good. But I wanted to run spirit of the lynx/houndmaster, so Master's call doesn't work. The Fletcher is a decent alternative.

Pumpkin 1200 1906 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

It is not a bad card and does not need a buff.

Child of Galakrond 355 144 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 4 years, 7 months ago

cool

Jacks.Co

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

ODYN
    0 Users Here