We've got a brand new type of cosmetic card coming to Hearthstone in Forged in the Barrens' Patch 20.0 - Diamond Cards!
- Diamond cards feature 3d animations.
- More cart art due to the larger frame.
- These cards are not craftable and as such cannot be disenchanted.
- These cards cannot be found in card packs.
Two cards in Forged in the Barrens are getting this treatment:
- Diamond Blademaster Samuro
- Instantly obtainable by purchasing the Forged in the Barrens Tavern Pass and claiming the card on the Rewards track.
- Diamond Bru’kan
- Obtained by completing the Forged in the Barrens Legendary Collector 5/5 Achievement (Collect all Legendary cards from the set.)
Quote From Blizzard
*NEW* I want to buy the Tavern Pass, but what if I get Blademaster Samuro as one of my Pre-Purchase Legendary drops?
- We put in protections to make sure none of your Pre-Purchase Legendary drops are wasted. Diamond Blademaster Samuro is uncraftable, and no version of Blademaster Samuro will drop as a Pre-Purchase Legendary. Normal and Golden Blademaster Samuro can still be found in packs or crafted – so if you plan to purchase the Tavern Pass, do so and claim Blademaster Samuro before opening packs!
- Normal Mankrik is free on the Reward Track at level 1 and uncraftable. Mankrik won't drop as a Pre-Purchase Legendary or drop from packs. Golden Mankrik can still be found in packs or crafted.
I like them, and they don't feel so out of place considering how many gem/ore-related things there are in HS. My biggest concern is that using a pre-order hero and a diamond card will get me called a whale one day.
Damn that's beautiful. Gonna be real tough to collect all the legendaries though. Not sure I even have all the Classic legendaries, and I've been basically playing non-stop since Naxx
where is my diamond
I appreciate every single new feature coming, really! Good job Blizz!
... but everything is going to be useless if they don't nerf that brainless cancer rogue and his aggro shit, since facing it destroys my will to play this game.
The animation is pretty cool feature. But the frame is jut butt-ugly. Worse 😕
Great for people that like this kinda thing, though I always remove any goldens from my deck if I have them so I'm not the target audience. These aren't for me either.
Hope they don't get too distracting after being played and are just sitting there on the board. Or be as flashy and crazy as you like but give us the option to turn them off in the client if it's not your thing :)
Anyone else notice a murloc, windfury elemental, and another shaman murloc got leaked by the gif?
I sure did, can't wait to see 'em revealed
I do now!
The animated art is nice; the actual diamond stuff is hideous. I kind of thought Runeterra's prismatic cards were tacky already, but this is next level :/
As a side-note, the player with the Samuro was totally flexing, playing him against an empty board lol
I'm guessing you can never dust diamond cards since they're either bought or gained through achievements.
It does look very impressive, but unless they start toning down the conditions a little I'll never get one myself. I mean all the legendaries, like really? Diamond Bru'kan might as well be one of the rarest sight you'll ever see in hearthstone. At least it 100% means your opponent's a whale.
It's really not that hard to get all the Legendaries in a set. I only spent money on the bigger pre-order package and the Tavern Pass, and I've had every Legendary in Darkmoon Faire for a while now (plus 3500 gold saved for the next set) playing quite casually, not even hitting all my dailies. Assuming Bru'kan is competitive, you'll be seeing a TON of Diamond versions.
$20 support for a game you love does not sound too whaleish to me
If 20 bucks could get me the full set, then I'd already have it myself. As it stands I bought both the midset and the 20$ booster that came with 2 legendaries and I'm still somewhere around 7 legendaries short, and I actually crafted 2 of them this time round.
Maybe me using the term 'whale' here is a tad too far, I'll accept that.
I only buy the big bundle and completed the last two sets.
This is definitely possible without being a whale.
Eternal called, they want their card frames back!
Does this mean I can safely disenchant my Bru'kan copy if I get the diamond one? But in order to do that, I need to get all legendary cards. I guess that's very hard for F2P. There's gonna be like 25 legendary cards. (40K dusts)
Having a diamond samuro will count to copy protection?
Fullas Games' idea has finally come to fruition. RIP Fullas, an old name in custom HS.
People have suggested this idea for a while now actually. Glad to finally see it in the game.