Among all the novelties unveiled in the March of the Lich King announcement stream, one that deserves particular attention is the remarkable revamp of the Events System. By this, we pretty much mean all of the mid-expansion celebrations we see on a regular basis: Fire Festival, Winter Veil Festival, Lunar New Year, and Hallow’s End all fall into this category.
Well, it would seem that Team 5 has ultimately decided to step up their game and, starting from Patch 24.6 (released on Tuesday, November 1), every player’s profile Journal features a brand new interface for the duration of any designated event. Special Legendary Quests have now become a part of this integrated approach.
- A new tab has been added at the top of each player’s profile Journal.
- There, you are able to find Legendary/Event Quests, featured rewards, and the remaining duration.
- When an event is live, the regular Journal’s icon will be covered by a unique seasonal wax seal.
- During each event, you will be provided with thematic special Quests.
- Said Event Quests will provide XP on an Event-specific Reward Track.
- Just like the Battlegrounds Rewards Track is separated from the Constructed Rewards Track, the Event-specific interface will follow the same rule.
- Complete the Event Quests to earn special rewards!
- You could also ignore any and all Quests and still accumulate Event XP just by playing regularly, but it goes without saying that's not the fastest route.
Hallow's End 2022
The first event taking place under this new system has begun with the introduction of Patch 24.6: we are talking about 2022’s Hallow’s End, with a strong focus on Death Knight’s flavor. Knights of the Frozen Throne set is back in its entirety in Standard as part of the Core Set, for free and for everyone, until March of the Lich King goes live on December 6th.
Quote From BlizzardWe’re introducing a new Events System and interface with Patch 24.6! Now, instead of just Legendary Quests, players can complete thematic Event Quests to earn XP on an Event-specific reward track. Additionally, in-game events will have their own special place in the Journal. When an event is live, there will be a seasonal wax seal over the Journal. Open the wax seal and you will be directed to a special Journal tab for that event, which will show Event Quests, rewards, and duration all in one thematic spot!
The first event with this new Events System will be the Knights of Hallow’s End Event, which starts with Patch 24.6. To kick off that event, the entire Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion will be temporarily Standard legal and FREE for all players! Now you can relive the first time The Lich King came to Hearthstone as you prepare for his return in December.
Other Important Talking Points
With this new Event System being added to the game, there are a few notable improvements to the player’s experience.
Going forward, Team 5 will have a lot more options when it comes to designing seasonal events - before this system revamp, the devs were bound to the typical Legendary Quest Chains; which weren't bad at all, but had a few cons:
- All the rewards were locked one behind the other: if you weren't interested in playing a specific game mode, you would've just lost on all of the other goodies available.
- The new system allows you to just reroll the daily Event Quests you receive (the secondary ones).
- You could complete only one quest of the chain at time, while right now you have access to two quests at the same time.
- As already mentioned, you can reroll the second quest, while the first one is part of a chain which will provide a new quest as you progress throughout (this is seemingly time-gated).
- All of the past events were quite similar and felt redundant: you received your Legendary Quest Chain, completed it by playing several game modes, and it was all over.
Although there might still be room for improvement, this is a considerable step in the right direction - which should elevate the variety of in-game experiences for everyone involved.
Now that we've had this new system available in the game for a couple of days, how do you like it?
anyone else didn't get the last big quest? after the one with Sindragoss there was the one with playing Death Knight cards but it didn't activate for me
it just says "next daily quest in x hours", I kinda wonder if it just dissappeared and will actually activate when new day starts or if I'll just get 2 random daily event quests
The quests that appear in the first slot are part of a quest-chain; however, you only get one of those quests per day: the last one will appear tomorrow.
Quite counterintuitive, I'll give you that.
thanks, I did indeed just get it when the new day started(11pm in the UK)
although I still think there is some inconsistency as all the previous quests from the main chain I got immediately after finishing the previous one
unless there is like a cap, so that lets say if you started doing them today you'd be able to finish the whole chain, but two days ago you'd stop on the next to last one
yeah that is very counterintuitive especially that in the past we used to be able to complete the chain in one sitting no matter when you started
Oh it's definitely a huge improvement.
I wasn't sure how many daily quests the system supports. I see one spot on the quest page but the event tab hints there may be room for 2 more (where the horseman image is).
Having to complete a daily quest once a day is a little stressful, however it seems there's plenty of XP throughout the event to complete it, even with having to skip a few dailies.
Yeah: I am at 500 XP by just completing each Quest I am given plus playing a couple hours: there's still 12 days to get to 1k points, so we have plenty of time.