In that regard, Chadd "Celestalon" Nervig confirmed that Murder at Castle Nathria's achievements will stop rewarding XP when Patch 25.0 (the one which will introduce Death Knight and the new expansion to the game) will go live.
@MyntyPhresh @Celestalon would it be possible to have an ETA on Castle Nathria achievements’ XP expiring? I suppose it’s going to happen next Tuesday, but I’d like someone on the team to confirm this. Thanks!
It'll be with the patch, which we'll post a date and patch notes for soon.
Even with no official date available, we can roughly estimate when the new patch will land. In fact, Hearthstone patches usually go live on a Tuesday; moreover, expansion patches usually go live one week before the release. Therefore, Patch 25.0 is very likely to be released on all servers on Tuesday, November 29th, and with it all the XP rewards tied behind the Murder at Castle Nathria gameplay achievements will be disables. Of course, they will still reward achievement points (the orange spheres you see at the top right of your profile journal), but no more boosts to your Rewards Track!
As for patch notes, we have to keep in mind that the reveal season is not over yet: as per recent tradition, the last reveal is the one dedicated to the Duels updates, which will take place on the 27th of November. In order to not spoil it, we think that the only available window of time for Team 5 to post the notes is going to be Monday, November 28th.
Although we've had plenty of time to complete the Castle Nathria achievements, the expiration date is coming closer and we don't want to find ourselves unprepared.
Hope Is Not Lost!
Fortunately for our readers, we wrote a detailed guide for each class, gathering all the information you need to complete each of the achievements, and we're sure they'll easily carry you through all the tasks. Each guide contains lots of valuable information, such as:
- Tips to speed up the completion and shortcuts if available.
- Budget alternatives or ways to complete certain achievements without having to own expensive cards.
- Decklists for Standard and Wild modes.
- Recommendation about game modes and unsuspected gameplay interactions that can give you progression/completion on the achievement you're working on.
Moreover, each guide is updated so that it showcases the Maw and Disorder Mini-Set achievements, so that you won't have to look in more than one place in order to find all the information you want! Click any of the links below to visit the guide for the respective class:
In case you're still deep in your achievement hunt, worry not: we prepared a guide for each class (and neutrals!) for you to take inspiration from, so that you'll be able to complete them in no time for those sweet sweet XP points.
A Final Note - Tricks to Speed Up the Process
If we were to give some tips to those who are still remarkably behind in the achievement hunt but still want to give it a last chance, here's what we'd do:
- Do not panic: although it may sound obvious, it is not, especially when you're fighting against the clock.
- Prioritize achievements that require little time to be completed (like the ones you can finish in a single turn) - they reward a little less XP, but you can do more of them!
- All our guides contain a "speed rating" for each achievement, which will help you with decisions like this one.
- Try to complete more than one achievement at the same time - no one said you were forced to do them one by one.
- Always keep an eye open on the Neutral section.
- Prioritize completing achievements to winning games - it sucks, but with so little time at your disposal... it do be like that sometimes.
Good luck to all of our readers who will try to close as many achievements as possible in these final days! Grind up!