Welcome, fellow achievement hunter.
Ever since the introduction of the rewards track, each expansion has always brought us a handful of achievements to complete in order to gain more rewards: while some of them are relatively easy to complete, some others may take some time or a proper set up. In case you're wondering what's the best way to gain all that sweet sweet XP locked behind Fractured in Alterac Valley's achievements, do not fret, as we have the answer you're looking for!
In this guide we'll focus our attention on the Alterac Valley Druid achievements (here's the full list of all the Alterac gameplay achievements) and provide at least one way to complete each of them so that you'll be able to get closer to the end of your reward track.
Disclaimer: as always, all expansion achievements can be completed in Ranked Standard, Ranked Wild, Arena, Casual & Heroic Duels and Classic - Casual Standard, Casual Wild and Tavern Brawl will not count towards your hunt! Moreover, we'll always take Ranked Standard as the default game format for our strategies: if we happen to have some strategies or particular interactions belonging to other modes to highlight, we'll be sure to specify it.
In case you're still deep in your achievement hunt, worry not: we prepared a guide for each class (and neutrals!) for you to take inspiration from, so that you'll be able to complete them in no time for those sweet sweet XP points.
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Demon Hunter Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Druid Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Hunter Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Mage Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Paladin Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Priest Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Rogue Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Shaman Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Warlock Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Warrior Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Neutral Achievements
- How to Complete Onyxia's Lair's Achievements
Alterac Druid Achievements Overview
One fast achievement and two grindy ones with Druid, that finds itself rather well positioned in the Alterac Valley grind race: even Choose One? Choose All! and PUPPIES!!! aren't that prohibitive to complete as they don't ask you many procs and you can complete them with Rare cards.
Edit: updated with the Onyxia's Lair Mini-Set "Here Comes the Boomkin" achievement.
How to Complete the "Choose One? Choose All!" Druid Achievement
Requirement: Play 16 different Choose One effects with Pathmaker.
Speed Rating: 2/5.
This achievement is quite strange: first of all, the 16 steps need to be completed with halves of different Choose One cards. For example, once you cast Nourish's Enrich and Rampant Growth through Pathmaker, they will no longer progress the achievement.
It's the same scenario of Deadmines' Monstrous Parrot's achievement, and the solution is the same too: you have to get out the pen and paper and you need to write down each Choose One effect you trigger with Pathmaker, continuously changing your deck.
The second thing that really boggles us is that, if you take a look at the current Standard card pool, you'll see that there are only 6 Choose One spells: not enough to complete Choose One? Choose All, as you need at least 8 of them.
These two things apart, this achievement is not very difficult as you only need a deck with a decent amount of card draw and, of course, Choose One spells to replicate.
- Moonlit Guidance can provide you more Pathmaker copies and Youthful Brewmaster returns it to your hand for more achievement progress.
- Zola the Gorgon works too for golden bonus points*! *No bonus progression awarded.
- You want to cast the 'entire' Choose One spell before Pathmaker, so Jerry Rig Carpenter doesn't help.
How to Complete the "Mo Mana Mo Problems" Druid Achievement
Requirement: End your turn with 20 Mana Crystals.
Speed Rating: 4/5.
If you own Wildheart Guff, this is an easy peasy achievement that won't take you more than a couple of tries. For this occasion, we're going to make good use of one of the new spells in Fractured in Alterac Valley: Capture Coldtooth Mine. What we're going to do is build our deck so that Wildheart Guff is the most expensive card, and Capture Coldtooth Mine will always draw it for us.
The deck you see below is built so that Jerry Rig Carpenter will always draw Capture Coldtooth Mine, being this one the only Choose one spell you run. Even though the game plan is rather simple, here's what you should do:
- Make sure to play Wildheart Guff as soon as possible (even if you have to Innervate/Lightning Bloom it)
- Make sure to use Nurture's Ice Blossom half every single turn.
- Nurture is basically a 1 mana Hero Power, since the Mana Crystal you gain isn't empty, and therefore can be used right away!
- Interact with the opposing board as rarely as possible: focus on just drawing cards and ramping mana.
- Get to 20 mana and cash in the XP.
- Interactions revolving around you having a certain amount of mana (e.g. Omega Devastator) always want you to have that number of Mana Crystals, so cards like The Coin of Lightning Bloom won't do.
How to Complete the "PUPPIES!!!" Druid Achievement
Requirement: Summon 30/60/120 Frostwolf Cubs.
Speed Rating: 2/5.
This one's probably not going to go down to history as the most entertaining achievement ever, but it's relatively accessible, as the Cubs you need to summon can be generated by multiple, non-expensive cards which may be a big deal for our F2P readers out there - yep, we always think about you!
The quickest way to get PUPPIES!!! done would be to just include any Frostwolf Cub generator into your deck and keep playing until you have summoned 120 of them. However, since this approach doesn't seem that entertaining, we have something special for you: Kibler was able to hit legend in the first few days of the Alterac Valley expansion with the Beast Druid list you see below. It doesn't take a meta expert to understand that we're not talking about a high-tier archetype (yet), but at least it's a fancy way for you to get your XP while also having some fun.
- Direwolf Commander is another (less efficient but still serviceable) Frostwolf Cub generator, and it's just a Common.
- Moonfang and Frostsaber Matriarch are great cards to help you win games, but aren't strictly required if you want to push this deck into a more wallet-friendly version.
How to Complete the "Here Comes the Boomkin" Druid Achievement
Requirement: Deal 200/400 Damage or Restore 200/400 Health with Boomkin.
Speed Rating: 2/5
Since both sides of Boomkin's Choose One effect count towards Here Comes the Boomkin, this achievement gives you some flexibility, as sometimes you may already be at full Health and therefore you would end up wasting some precious progression points. Worth noting is that the achievement's description doesn't state that the damage dealt must come from Boomkin's Choose One effect, so trading it (Animated Broomstick is cheap and does the trick) speeds up the process.
In order to get Here Comes the Boomkin done, we'll make use of some Choose One-synergistic cards, as well as the usual bouncers and other generally good tools:
- Pride Seeker discounts your Boomkins, making it easier for you to play them.
- Raid Negotiator - right now there are 14 Choose One cards in Standard, so the odds of Discovering an additional copy of Boomkin are not that low (although not that high either, but it's still worth testing the odds).
- Multicaster, Prize Vendor and partially Best in Shell make your hand more manageable, allowing you to find the cards you want.
- Moonlit Guidance is very good at giving you additional copies of Boomkin - try combining it with Solar Eclipse
- Wild format note: Untapped Potential's Ossirian Tear speeds up the process by a decent margin. Just make sure to not die to Pirate Warrior while you're floating mana.
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your achievement progression journey, and we have added an #achievements channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own decks that you've used to complete the achievements above.
Good luck tackling any of these achievements for your experience boost or just for the sake of satisfying completion!