Welcome, fellow achievement hunter.
Ever since the introduction of the rewards track, each expansion has always brought us a handful of achievements to complete in order to gain more rewards: while some of them are relatively easy to complete, some others may take some time or a proper set up. In case you're wondering what's the best way to gain all that sweet sweet XP locked behind Fractured in Alterac Valley's achievements, do not fret, as we have the answer you're looking for!
In this guide we'll focus our attention on the Alterac Valley Warlock achievements (here's the full list of all the Alterac gameplay achievements) and provide at least one way to complete each of them so that you'll be able to get closer to the end of your reward track.
Disclaimer: as always, all expansion achievements can be completed in Ranked Standard, Ranked Wild, Arena, Casual & Heroic Duels and Classic - Casual Standard, Casual Wild and Tavern Brawl will not count towards your hunt! Moreover, we'll always take Ranked Standard as the default game format for our strategies: if we happen to have some strategies or particular interactions belonging to other modes to highlight, we'll be sure to specify it.
In case you're still deep in your achievement hunt, worry not: we prepared a guide for each class (and neutrals!) for you to take inspiration from, so that you'll be able to complete them in no time for those sweet sweet XP points.
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Demon Hunter Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Druid Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Hunter Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Mage Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Paladin Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Priest Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Rogue Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Shaman Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Warlock Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Warrior Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Neutral Achievements
- How to Complete Onyxia's Lair's Achievements
Alterac Warlock Achievements Overview
Just like Shaman, Warlock's set can be divided into two parts:
- Dreading This One and Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying are in no way difficult to complete, just they just need a lot of patience - again, not a matter of 'if', but just 'when'.
- Get Over Here! is relatively easy to set up and execute, so we consider it almost as free XP.
Edit: updated with the Onyxia's Lair Mini-Set "More Dots!" achievement.
How to Complete the "Dreading This One" Warlock Achievement
Requirement: Summon 50/100/200 Dread Imps.
Speed Rating: 1/5.
There are only two cards you can use to get this achievement done: Dreadlich Tamsin and Seeds of Destruction. You play Handlock? Jam them in. You play Egg Warlock? Include them. The Demon Seed Questline Warlock? You can imagine the answer.
On average, you'll be able to progress the Dreading This One 6 or 7 points each game, meaning that it will take you around 35 games to complete the achievement, which is quite a few.
If you were to go all in on Dread Imps, we think you could have some Fel Warlock shenanigans. While this deck revolves around a package that can be included into other bigger archetypes, going all in on this strategy will speed up your progress (at the cost, of course, of lowering your overall winrate).
Here are some cool synergies you'll find while playing the deck.
- Grave Defiler is a keep in the mulligan phase, and can duplicate Seeds of Destruction for even more Fel Rifts or Felfire in the Hole! for more tutoring.
- Man'ari Mosher has great synergy with Dread Imps, allowing you to recover a bunch of life.
- Same goes for Animated Broomstick on a board full of freshly summoned Imps.
- Felwalker gives both protection and a proactive play (especially with Felfire in the Hole! in hand).
- Duels format note: Imp-credible Trousers shuffles two Fel Rifts in your deck every time you play a Fel spell, and Fel Outlander Demon Hunter is quite good at the moment.
How to Complete the "Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying" Warlock Achievement
Requirement: Sacrifice 100 minions in the Desecrated Graveyard.
Speed Rating: 2/5.
For this achievement there's no real way to speed things up: you just have to grind it the old way, one proc at time. Fortunately for us, Kibler recently came up with a sweet sweet Egg Warlock list that relies on Desecrated Graveyard in order to trigger a series of really fancy synergies.
However, the deck is rather expensive, and we understand that this may be a big deal for some of our F2P players out there, so we're going to give you a budget alternative so that everyone will be able to have something to grind with.
- We decided to include Grave Defiler and Seeds of Destruction in this deck so tat you'll be able to grind two achievements at time: if you're already done with Dreading This One, you may want to switch them out for something else.
How to Complete the "Get Over Here!" Warlock Achievement
Requirement: Honorably Kill a Legendary minion with Hollow Abomination.
Speed Rating: 4/5.
Disclaimer: Just like any other achievement that has something to do with Honorable Kills, Get Over Here! is currently bugged: you can still complete it, but you'll have to kill a Legendary minion at full Health - for this reason, 1-Health Legendaries like Bloodmage Thalnos still do the trick.
The bug makes Get Over Here! far more complicated to achieve than it should normally be, but it's still doable: we just have to be more careful and add a couple extra steps to make sure we get there.
First of all, Honorable Kill can be achieved by either Hollow Abomination's Battlecry or by a regular trade: for this reason, Animated Broomstick is the best way to ensure a winning attack. However, the bug that currently affects Honorable Kill achievements may complicate things, since Abomination's 1 damage AoE is likely to mess things up. For this reason, we included a couple Voodoo Doctors to make sure you can heal your Legendary target before Honorably Killing it.
Overall, better wait for Get Over Here! to be fixed, but we'd say that you can still try!
- Running few units makes Free Admission particularly consistent: you won't get the discount, but it's a 3 mana Elven Minstrel without the body and the Combo requirement.
- Duels format note: Due to Diablo having access to both Warlock and Warrior's card pool, you can combine Lord Barov and Hollow Abomination.
How to Complete the "More Dots!" Warlock Achievement
Requirement: Cause your opponents to take 84/180 damage from Fatigue with Curse of Agony.
Speed Rating: 2/5
Another grindy achievement. However, differently from Thank you for your Matronage or Gotta Catch 'Em All, you have a couple ways to speed things up. Firstly, Tamsin Roame: getting additional free copies of Curse of Agony is a big deal, as it will increase the density of Agony spells in your opponent's deck. Secondly, Wandmaker has a chance to give you another Curse.
While playing the game, here's the plan: draw Tamsin and both Curses of Agony; when you have 5 mana available, play Tamsin and cast all 4 copies of the 1-Cost spell. From now, you'll have to hope that your opponent will be unlucky enough to draw as many Bleeds Agonies as possible. For this reason, Prize Vendor and Southsea Scoundrel are good tools.
The list you see below has as many Discover cards as possible for you to get additional copies of Curse of Agony.
- Wild format note: if you want your opponent to feel some Agony, then you may want to include Coldlight Oracle/Prize Vendor in your deck in order to move your opponent closer to fatigue.
- Wild format note: Augmented Elekk doubles the number of Agonies shuffled by Curse of Agony.
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your achievement progression journey, and we have added an #achievements channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own decks that you've used to complete the achievements above.
Good luck tackling any of these achievements for your experience boost or just for the sake of satisfying completion!
For the 'Get Over here!' achievement, you can also run Treachery, and give them Bloodmage Thalnos before you play Hollow Abomination on the same turn, in wild that is.