Welcome, fellow achievement hunter.
Ever since the introduction of the rewards track, each expansion has always brought us a handful of achievements to complete in order to gain more rewards: while some of them are relatively easy to complete, some others may take some time or a proper set up. In case you're wondering what's the best way to gain all that sweet sweet XP locked behind Fractured in Alterac Valley's achievements, do not fret, as we have the answer you're looking for!
In this guide we'll focus our attention on the Alterac Valley Rogue achievements (here's the full list of all the Alterac gameplay achievements) and provide at least one way to complete each of them so that you'll be able to get closer to the end of your reward track.
Disclaimer: as always, all expansion achievements can be completed in Ranked Standard, Ranked Wild, Arena, Casual & Heroic Duels and Classic - Casual Standard, Casual Wild and Tavern Brawl will not count towards your hunt! Moreover, we'll always take Ranked Standard as the default game format for our strategies: if we happen to have some strategies or particular interactions belonging to other modes to highlight, we'll be sure to specify it.
In case you're still deep in your achievement hunt, worry not: we prepared a guide for each class (and neutrals!) for you to take inspiration from, so that you'll be able to complete them in no time for those sweet sweet XP points.
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Demon Hunter Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Druid Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Hunter Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Mage Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Paladin Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Priest Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Rogue Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Shaman Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Warlock Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Warrior Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Neutral Achievements
- How to Complete Onyxia's Lair's Achievements
Alterac Rogue Achievements Overview
Not the best, not the worst. Rogue's Alterac Valley achievement set is pretty average:
- You have a one-turn combo in Third Cousins Twice Removed, which will take very little to complete.
- Rolling In Their Grave has a really amusing way to speed up the process.
- Top 10 Alterac Betrayals is easier than it looks (and, to be fair, it doesn't look particularly difficult).
Long story short, you won't struggle completing this one!
Edit: updated with the Onyxia's Lair Mini-Set "!" achievement.
How to Complete the "Rolling In Their Grave" Rogue Achievement
Requirement: Have 30/60/120 Deathrattle minions die while you control a Snowfall Graveyard.
Speed Rating: 3/5.
Kobold Illusionist has always been quite the peculiar unit over the course of history. This time, we're going to use its effect to speed up Rolling In Their Grave's completion by a lot. If you set up Snowfall Graveyard and then you trigger Kobold Illusionist's Deathrattle with the other copy of Illusionist as the only minion in your hand, you'll summon two 1/1 copies of Illusionist, which will then summon two other 1/1s, and so on.
Relying on your opponents trading into your Kobold Illusionist is not a clever plan, especially since you'll lock up your board once you have 7 Illusionists. Therefore, our strategy is to generate a Defile-like effect in Rogue, and what's better than Alterac's Spammy Arcanist? Here's what you need to do:
- Hard mulligan for Kobold Illusionist, Sketchy Information and Shroud of Concealment.
- In case you didn't get any Kobold Illusionist, Sketchy Information will tutor them for you.
- Have a rather passive game plan: remove when there are minions to remove, trade when there are minions to trade - you don't need to push damage, as winning isn't your goal.
Now, the dream scenario would be Snowfall Graveyard on 3, Kobold Illusionist on 4 and Spammy Arcanist on 5, but there are too many things your opponent can do to disrupt your combo. Therefore, we suggest you wait and pull off the combo between turn 8 and 9:
- Be sure to have Snowfall Graveyard, only one copy of Spammy Arcanist and two copies of Kobold Illusionist in hand.
- You'll also need something to kill Illusionist (Brain Freeze, SI:7 Extortion) or put it on 1 Health (Backstab), unless the board is already in a good state for your Defile.
- On turn 8, cast Snowfall Graveyard.
- On turn 9, play one Kobold Illusionist, kill/Backstab it and then play Spammy Arcanist.
- Arcanist's Defile effect doesn't go infinite, as it is capped somewhere around 20 triggers - you won't be able to complete Rolling In Their Grave in a single go, but each try will give you a lot of progress.
- Completing Rolling in Their Grave will also give you Spammy Arcanist's Teamkill - two birds with one stone!
- Shadowcrafter Scabbs isn't strictly necessary, but if you happen to own it you're more than invited to use it: not only does it provide a Vanish effect and the 2 Health units for Spammy Arcanist, but Sleight of Hand will help you in pulling off your combo.
How to Complete the "Third Cousins Twice Removed" Rogue Achievement
Requirement: End your turn with a Coldtooth Yeti and a Chillwind Yeti.
Speed Rating: 5/5.
Disclaimer: the achievement is currently bugged. Chillwind Yeti is currently both a Core and a Legacy card, and you'll be able to complete the achievement only with the latter. For this reason, you cannot get the job done in Standard, but Wild can help you.
Yes, it's bugged, but it's really just a minor inconvenience: Third Cousins Twice Removed still remains one of the easiest achievements of the entire Alterac set and you'll be able to complete it in just a couple of tries. Even though we're going to play Wild, we decided that we'll showcase a Standard only list, so that those who don't have a big collection won't have trouble looking for substitutes and such.
The task is pretty simple: survive until you can play both Yetis in the same turn and then pass.
- If you Shadowstep Foxy Fraud, your Coldtooth Yeti will basically be a 1 mana unit, meaning that you'll be able to complete the achievement as soon as turn 5.
- Remember that the achievement triggers when you end your turn, and not when you play the two Yetis.
How to Complete the "Top 10 Alterac Betrayals" Rogue Achievement
Requirement: Summon 60 Double Agents.
Speed Rating: 3/5
This achievement can be read as a "Play Double Agent from hand 30 time while its effect is active". If you see it this way, you'll understand that we should not be waiting for an endless grind, especially since Burgle Rogue is one of the funniest archetypes promoted in Fractured in Alterac Valley.
For this reason, we're going to showcase a regular Burgle Rogue, as there isn't easier (and a more enjoyable way) to complete Top 10 Alterac Betrayals than actually playing the game.
- If you really want to speed up the process, Rogue has access to bouncers like Shadowstep, Tenwu of the Red Smoke and Neutrals in Youthful Brewmaster: every time you send Double Agent back in hand, playing it again will progress your achievement by two points.
- Wild format note: Togwaggle's Scheme/Gang Up/Lab Recruiter anyone?
- Duels format note: Battle Totem speeds up the process by a solid 50%; Ancient Reflections will do the trick too.
How to Complete the "!" Rogue Achievement
Requirement: Summon a 10-Cost/a Legendary 10-Cost minion with SI:7 Smuggler.
Speed Rating: 5/5
Note: due to localization hiccups, this achievement, together with Demon Hunter's "Right Side, Many Cards!", is not currently available and will be introduced in patch 22.6 (Source) - therefore, any progress you may fulfill in the meantime won't count. Edit: the achievement is now correctly displayed.
Quick maths time: there are currently 9 10-Cost minions in Standard that you can summon with the effect of SI:7 Smuggler, 5 of which are Legendary. Therefore, you have slightly more than 50% chance to get this achievement done on the very first try!
- Find the Imposter is not necessary for this achievement, but it sure does help staying alive: if you own it, consider including it.
- Wild formate note: in this format there are far more 10-drops, and the chances of summoning a Legendary are far worse - stick to Standard for this one.
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your achievement progression journey, and we have added an #achievements channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own decks that you've used to complete the achievements above.
Good luck tackling any of these achievements for your experience boost or just for the sake of satisfying completion!
I'm pretty sure you got the wrong "Sleight of Hand" there, Avalon :) But the guide is still helpful.
Stupid namesake cards from adventures: thanks King!
Good call on the Spammy Arcanist. I'll be trying that soon (probably right after the season reset).
A recent Duels run just scored me the achievement of having 7 Patrons on board - too late for XP, but still a thrill to do by accident!