Welcome, fellow achievement hunter.
Ever since the introduction of the rewards track, each expansion has always brought us a handful of achievements to complete in order to gain more rewards: while some of them are relatively easy to complete, some others may take some time or a proper set up. In case you're wondering what's the best way to gain all that sweet sweet XP locked behind Fractured in Alterac Valley's achievements, do not fret, as we have the answer you're looking for!
In this guide we'll focus our attention on the Alterac Valley Demon Hunter achievements (here's the full list of all the Alterac gameplay achievements) and provide at least one way to complete each of them so that you'll be able to get closer to the end of your reward track.
Disclaimer: as always, all expansion achievements can be completed in Ranked Standard, Ranked Wild, Arena, Casual & Heroic Duels and Classic - Casual Standard, Casual Wild and Tavern Brawl will not count towards your hunt! Moreover, we'll always take Ranked Standard as the default game format for our strategies: if we happen to have some strategies or particular interactions belonging to other modes to highlight, we'll be sure to specify it.
In case you're still deep in your achievement hunt, worry not: we prepared a guide for each class (and neutrals!) for you to take inspiration from, so that you'll be able to complete them in no time for those sweet sweet XP points.
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Demon Hunter Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Druid Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Hunter Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Mage Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Paladin Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Priest Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Rogue Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Shaman Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Warlock Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Warrior Achievements
- How to Complete Alterac Valley's Neutral Achievements
- How to Complete Onyxia's Lair's Achievements
Alterac Demon Hunter Achievements Overview
We like Alterac Valley Demon Hunter: out of the three achievements that Team 5 gave to the class, two of them are really fast to complete and you're going to have little to no problem in completing them within the very first few tries. Both Smash that Fury Button and ...The Harder They Fall rely on your opponent having minions on the board for you to run tokens (or even your own face) into, but other than that there's little room for unexpected events.
Edit: updated with the Onyxia's Lair Mini-Set "Right Side, Many Cards!" achievement.
How to Complete the "Smash that Fury Button" Demon Hunter Achievement
Requirement: Use your Hero Power 7 times in one turn as Kurtrus, Demon-Render.
Speed Rating: 5/5.
Kurtrus, Demon-Render's Ashfallen's Fury is one hell of a Hero Power: if only there was a way to cheat it out for free every time it refreshes... oh wait, there is! Remember Darkmoon Races' Felfire Deadeye? This Demon Hunter-Hunter minion released almost a year ago has never really found a home in the classes it belongs to, but we suspect that its synergy with Kurtrus, Demon-Render will increase its popularity tenfold.
Deadeye is also the cornerstone for our strategy to complete this achievement, which requires you to follow these steps:
- Play Kurtrus, Demon-Render.
- Be sure that your opponent has at least 6 Health in minions you can safely trade into.
- You have to trigger Ashfallen's Fury 7 times in a single turn, so you just have to refresh it 6 times!
- Get to 9 mana and play Deadeye into Ashfallen's Fury into Expendable Performers.
- Trade your Initiates into your opponent's minions.
Here's the deck we suggest you to use: as usual, we reduced its dust cost to the bare minimum, but don't be afraid to play more expensive tools if you own them: while Ur'zul Giant and Flag Runner don't have synergy with your achievement, they'll certainly help your game plan, and will probably let you win some games!
- Wild format note: Command the Illidari represent a budget version of Expendable Performers, and allows the combo to execute as soon as turn 7.
How to Complete the "...The Harder They Fall" Demon Hunter Achievement
Requirement: Honorably Kill a minion with 5 or more Health with Dreadprison Glaive.
Speed Rating: 4/5.
This achievement is another piece of cake, especially since Demon Hunter has many tools to increase its hero's Attack by various degrees, so you just have to find the right formula that pairs up with what your opponent played. Use Demon Claws, Fury (Rank 1), Chaos Strike and whatnot to match an enemy minion's Health total and then Honorably Kill it.
Although it didn't receive any major support, Pirate Warrior is going to be very popular in the first few weeks of the expansion, so units like Sword Eater are a perfect target for ...The Harder They Fall!
Remember: you don't have to just kill a minion with Dreadprison Glaive while having 5+ Attack - you've got to land a perfect Honorable Kill!
- Wild format note: Twin Slice is a cheap spell that is very likely to help you a lot.
How to Complete the "Wreckoning" Demon Hunter Achievement
Requirement: Summon 10/20/40 Demons with Sigil of Reckoning.
Speed Rating: 3/5.
You can include up to 2 copies of Sigil of Reckoning in your deck, and getting additional copies of it with cards like Venomous Scorpid or Zai, the Incredible doesn't seem worth the effort. Therefore, you have little to no way to significantly speed up the process, but in the end you just have to summon 40 Demons, which isn't a very high number.
We think that the easiest way to complete this achievement is doing it by playing Big Demon Hunter. You have some Token shenanigans in the first few turns, which allow you to buy some time until the big dudes come down, and from that point it's a race to kill your opponent.
- Sigil of Reckoning is an obvious keep in the mulligan, and so is Faceless Manipulator in case you already have Sigil.
- Kurtrus, Demon-Render and Expendable Performers aren't strictly necessary to the achievement's completion, and therefore you can cut them out if you don't own them, but they certainly help you win games.
- The same thing cannot be said about Pit Commander, which is usually the best big Demon you have.
- In order to progress the achievement, you have to summon the Demon, and not just cast Sigil of Reckoning: if you die on your opponent's turn, your work will be in vain.
- Sigil of Reckoning is a Fel spell, which means that Jace Darkweaver will cast it an additional time.
How to Complete the "Right Side, Many Cards!" Demon Hunter Achievement
Requirement: Draw 50/100 cards with Razorglaive Sentinel.
Speed Rating: 2/5
Grindy achievement, with no real shortcut other than building your deck with 2 copies of Razorglaive Sentinel and 28 cards that are either cheap, generate cheap stuff or discount themselves/other cards along them way.
For Right Side, Many Cards!, recommend you three different decks, based on your favorite game mode and on how large your collection is. First up, we have a budget list for Standard: most of the cards you see will rarely get stuck in your hand, allowing you big "miracle" turns and a quick achievement progression.
However, if you happen to own Final Showdown, things may be easier for you: reduce the cost of your hand and deck with the mid-Questline discounts and Demonslayer Kurtrus and then empty your deck with a Sentinel or two.
Wild, on the other hand, has a lot of 0-Cost cards available, and you'll need less setup for Razorglaive Sentinel turns: kind of like what people did a while ago in Rogue with Edwin, Defias Kingpin and Imps, but instead of stats you get progression points on your achievement.
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your achievement progression journey, and we have added an #achievements channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own decks that you've used to complete the achievements above.
Good luck tackling any of these achievements for your experience boost or just for the sake of satisfying completion!