Just a short while after the first-ever Mercenaries limited time event, featuring Chi-ji and its companions, Team 5 is back at it with another one. This time, we'll venture into many dangerous Bounty zones with the aid of Leeroy Jenkins, an iconic World of Warcraft player and one of Hearthstone's fan favorite cards of all time.
Our journey won't be in search of just fame and success, but you'll be able to complete a set of 10 event Tasks, which will reward you coins for Leeroy and many other goodies.
Here are all the tasks that are available during the Leeroy Jenkins Mercenaries event. Click any of the links below to visit our guide for the task.
- Take'em Down Quick
- Complete Smolderwing Bounty in less than 30 turns in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Nefarian Coins.
- Stick to the Plan
- Complete Dragonbone Golem Bounty with all your Mercs alive in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary.
- Lot Of Trouble In The Past
- Land the killing blow with Stonemaul Banner against Smolderwing in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Onyxia Coins.
- 32.33 Repeating
- Complete Vandaar Bounty with at least 3 Orcs in Alterac Valley.
- Reward: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Vandaar Stormpike Coins.
- Scatter Them!
- Complete Heroic Fallen Guardians Bounty with only Fighters in Felwood.
- Reward: 60 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Onyxia Coins, 25 Nefarian Coins.
- Divine Intervention
- Complete Apothecary Helbrim Bounty with only Leeroy in The Barrens.
- Reward: 60 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Random Coins.
- Deal 200 damage with Leeroy in a single turn.
- Reward: Golden Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary
- Do We Have A Soulstone?
- Complete Heroic Kazakus Bounty with at least 3 Dragons in Alterac Valley.
- Reward: 70 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Kazakus Golem Shaper Coins, 25 Random Coins.
- A Rough Plan
- Complete Heroic SI:7 Smuggler Bounty in 25 turns or less in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: 75 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Deathwing Coins, 25 Random Coins.
- At Least I Have Chicken...
- Complete Heroic Onyxia Bounty with at least 5 Humas in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: Diamond Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary.
As you can see, these tasks are quite the mixed bag: while some are fairly simple to complete, others require more than a bit of thinking (and luck: that one's always welcome) and planning ahead.
Moreover, certain tasks clearly state that you need Comps consisting on Mercenaries belonging to specific races in order for your progresses to count: the Chi-Ji event was about Beasts and Dragons, and this time you'll need the help of Orcs, Humans and Dragons.
Not all challenges might be as difficult as they seem at a glance: there are usually tips and tricks to be found to make everyone's lives easier. In this series of guides we'll take a look at how to complete each event Task, so that you'll be able to get your hands on all the rewards available. As of now, we'll focus our attention on our current task.
In case you missed them, if you click the banner below you'll have access to each of our task guides for this event.
How to Complete the "Scatter Them!" Task from the Leeroy Jenkins Event
- Requirement: Complete Heroic Fallen Guardians Bounty with only Fighters in Felwood.
- Rewards: 60 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Onyxia Coins, 25 Nefarian Coins.
- Difficulty: 2/5
While the party-building restriction may appear to be harsh (especially since the task requires us to play Heroic mode), things are not nearly as bad as they seem: in fact, the Fallen Guardian boss fight is made up entirely of Casters, so having a roster full of Fighters is beneficial to you.
As for the final fight, here's what you should expect.
- Si'lorne Amberwind - Both teams have +20 Nature Damage.
- Hawi Rainseeker - ALL Nature abilities have 0 Cooldown.
During the fight, they'll cast Nature abilities powered up by both units' Passives, but with a team full of Fighters they won't cause too big of a problem for you.
The approach is pretty simple: target Si'lorne Amberwind with all your damage, so that it will die as soon as possible; once you're able to take it down, its +20 Nature Damage will disappear too, leaving Hawi Rainseeker as a fast, but rather inoffensive unit that you'll be able to finish off in no time.
As for the comps, we think there's one superior strategy: Orcs - beat down your opponents through physical damage and tribal synergy, leaving them little to no time to react.
Here are a few Mercenaries parties you can use to complete the "Scatter Them!" task. You'll be able to choose between many comps, suggested by different content creators, as well as mentions of budget alternatives for our readers that don't have many Legendary Mercs in their collection.
Out of Cards Recommendation - Orc Comp
Me play Orc. Me do SMOrc. Me complete task. Me smart. You smart?
Here are a few tips for those who are unfamiliar with the strategy.
- Final fight comp: Blademaster Samuro, Captain Galvangar and Saurfang.
- If you do not own Saurfang, consider replacing it with Rokara.
- If you do not own Captain Galvangar, consider replacing it with a Mercenary with a damage ability that can successfully activate Blademaster Samuro's Double Strike 1.
- Lady Anacondra is here just for Mend Beast healing support.
- Leeroy Jenkins is here just for Exp/Task farm.
ZombiesGoNomNom's Orc Dragon Comp
ZombiesGoNomNom adopted a slightly different approach: they still went hard on Orcs, but at the same time we have a tad of Dragon synergy.
- Final fight comp: Mutanus, Captain Galvangar and Blademaster Samuro.
- Warmaster Voone's Axe Throw 1 enables Blademaster Samuro's Double Strike 1, and has synergy with Sinestra.
Old Guardian's Budget Comp
If your Mercs library is not particularly wide, worry not, as Old Guardian published a budget comp to clear the Fallen Guardians Heroic bounty with: it will probably take you more turns than a meta party, but we think you still have decent chances to get the job done.
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your Mercenaries progression journey, and we have added an #mercenaries channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own parties that you've used to complete the tasks above.
Good luck taking on any of these Bounties for those sweet sweet coins or just for the sake of satisfying completion!