Just a short while after the first-ever Mercenaries limited time event, featuring Chi-ji and its companions, Team 5 is back at it with another one. This time, we'll venture into many dangerous Bounty zones with the aid of Leeroy Jenkins, iconic World of Warcraft player and one of Hearthstone's fan favorite cards of all time.
Our journey won't be in search of just fame and success, but you'll be able to complete a set of 10 event Tasks, which will reward you coins for Leeroy and many other goodies.
Here are all the tasks that are available during the Leeroy Jenkins Mercenaries event. Click any of the links below to visit our guide for the task.
- Take'em Down Quick
- Complete Smolderwing Bounty in less than 30 turns in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Nefarian Coins.
- Stick to the Plan
- Complete Dragonbone Golem Bounty with all your Mercs alive in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary.
- Lot Of Trouble In The Past
- Land the killing blow with Stonemaul Banner against Smolderwing in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Onyxia Coins.
- 32.33 Repeating
- Complete Vandaar Bounty with at least 3 Orcs in Alterac Valley.
- Reward: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Vandaar Stormpike Coins.
- Scatter Them!
- Complete Heroic Fallen Guardians Bounty with only Fighters in Felwood.
- Reward: 60 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Onyxia Coins, 25 Nefarian Coins.
- Divine Intervention
- Complete Apothecary Helbrim Bounty with only Leeroy in The Barrens.
- Reward: 60 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Random Coins.
- Deal 200 damage with Leeroy in a single turn.
- Reward: Golden Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary
- Do We Have A Soulstone?
- Complete Heroic Kazakus Bounty with at least 3 Dragons in Alterac Valley.
- Reward: 70 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Kazakus Golem Shaper Coins, 25 Random Coins.
- A Rough Plan
- Complete Heroic SI:7 Smuggler Bounty in 25 turns or less in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: 75 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Deathwing Coins, 25 Random Coins.
- At Least I Have Chicken...
- Complete Heroic Onyxia Bounty with at least 5 Humas in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: Diamond Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary.
As you can see, these tasks are quite the mixed bag: while some are fairly simple to complete, others require more than a bit of thinking (and luck: that one's always welcome) and planning ahead.
Moreover, certain tasks clearly state that you need Comps consisting on Mercenaries belonging to specific races in order for your progresses to count: the Chi-Ji event was about Beasts and Dragons, and this time you'll need the help of Orcs, Humans and Dragons.
Not all challenges might be as difficult as they seem at a glance: there are usually tips and tricks to be found to make everyone's lives easier. In this series of guides we'll take a look at how to complete each event Task, so that you'll be able to get your hands on all the rewards available. As of now, we'll focus our attention on our current task.
In case you missed them, if you click the banner below you'll have access to each of our task guides for this event.
How to Complete the "Stick To The Plan" Task from the Leeroy Jenkins Event
- Requirement: Complete Dragonbone Golem Bounty with all your Mercs alive in Onyxia's Lair.
- Rewards: Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary.
- Difficulty: 2/5
We can see this task from two different points of view: on one hand, "Stick To The Plan" is quite tricky, as beating Dragonbone Golem won't be enough to get Leeroy Jenkins - messing up even the little will turn all your efforts into dust. On the other hand, enemies are not as aggressive as you might think: part of the Deathrattles Dragonbone Golem shares with the rest of the board through [Hearthstone Card (The bone game) Not Found] actually benefits you, as they help you in taking down Dragonbone itself. Before this, let's take a look at what the final fight looks like.
Bone Drake - The only Fighter of the boss fight, with a Deathrattle that buffs the entire enemy board by +10/+10; it will focus on attacking you through physical damage rather than using strange tricks.
Dragonbone Golem - The actual boss of the fight and a major pain: not because it's very powerful, but because it has a lot of resilience and it keeps spawning Skeletal Flayers. If you want the fight to be over quickly, focus on killing this one first.
Skeletal Flayer - Has a Deathrattle that deals 10 damage to a random enemy, but neither that nor the stat lines are something that should worry you: probably a one-shot or two-shot target whenever you have some spare damage or AoE.
As already said, Dragonbone Golem is the real deal of this fight: it will give all characters random Deathrattles with [Hearthstone Card (the Bone Game) Not Found] and then will proceed to trigger some of them (again, at random) with Hang in the Balance.
Here are a few Mercenaries parties you can use to complete the "Stick To The Plan" task. You'll be able to choose between many comps, suggested by different content creators, as well as mentions of budget alternatives for our readers that don't have many Legendary Mercs in their collection.
Note: if you want to complete this task in Heroic mode, make sure to include Drek'Thar and/or Kazakus, Golem Shaper in you comp, as defeating Dragonbone Golem will reward you with their third equipment.
Out of Cards Recommendation - Holy Comp
We feel like there are two approaches to this fight:
- High Damage Comps - they won't give your opponent time to set up their strong turns before you'll kill them before.
- High Healing Comps - your opponent will have more time for their own shenanigans, but they won't make you falter.
This time, we decided to try out the Holy Comp our own Neonangel suggested.
To prove this comp of being fit for this task, we recorded a video showing you that you can pull this off with ease. Although we know we could've ended the job faster, we tried to take it as slow as possible, showing that, even if you don't have these Mercs with high abilities and juiced up equipment, you still have a large margin of success - you're pretty much like an Immovable Object with this party!
Here are a few tips for those unfamiliar with this strategy.
- Both the climbing and the final boss comp are Anduin Wrynn, Cornelius Roame and Prophet Velen.
- The party showcased in the video includes the Dragon comp as backup plan for the climbing, but it's not necessary by any means.
- Anduin Wrynn is the cornerstone of the comp: this mercs grants both healing and damage, allowing you to slowly take down Dragonbone Golem & co.
- Prophet Velen pairs up rather well with Anduin Wrynn.
- Cornelius Roame is fundamental, and we can't stress it enough: it grants healing to both your Casters and can occasionally terminate weak Fighters thanks to Martial Mastery 1.
- Shield of Dawn reduces the damage Cornelius receives, making it even more resilient against your opponent's attempt at disrupting your plan.
ZombiesGoNomNom's Fire Comp
The Fire Comp we featured in the task 1 guide is good for task 2 too, and it's exactly how ZombiesGoNomNom decided to handle this fight.
- The Fire comp consisting of Balinda Stonehearth, Ragnaros and Baron Geddon is for both climbing and defeating Dragonbone Golem.
- Cornelius Roame, pretty much like in the Holy Comp, provides healing and defense to your other Mercs, especially when you're facing many Fighters (terrible enemies for your Baron Geddon).
- The two spots are for tasks or experience - include anything you want.
Old Guardian's Budget Comp
If your Mercs library is not particularly wide, worry not, as Old Guardian published a budget comp to clear the Dragonbone Golem bounty without suffering any loss: it will probably be a little more challenging than trying with a meta party, but we think you still have decent chances to get the job done.
- Cariel Roame-Xyrella-Blademaster Samuro are for climbing; when you get to the boss, there are a couple alternatives.
- The first is Kazakus, Golem Shaper-Varden Dawngrasp-Lokholar the Ice Lord.
- The second is Cariel Roame-Varden Dawngrasp-Lokholar the Ice Lord.
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your Mercenaries progression journey, and we have added an #mercenaries channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own decks that you've used to complete the achievements above.
Good luck taking on any of these Bounties for your those sweet sweet coins or just for the sake of satisfying completion!