Just a short while after the first-ever Mercenaries limited time event, featuring Chi-ji and its companions, Team 5 is back at it with another one. This time, we'll venture into many dangerous Bounty zones with the aid of Leeroy Jenkins, an iconic World of Warcraft player and one of Hearthstone's fan favorite cards of all time.
Our journey won't be in search of just fame and success, but you'll be able to complete a set of 10 event Tasks, which will reward you coins for Leeroy and many other goodies.
Here are all the tasks that are available during the Leeroy Jenkins Mercenaries event. Click any of the links below to visit our guide for the task.
- Take'em Down Quick
- Complete Smolderwing Bounty in less than 30 turns in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Nefarian Coins.
- Stick to the Plan
- Complete Dragonbone Golem Bounty with all your Mercs alive in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary.
- Lot Of Trouble In The Past
- Land the killing blow with Stonemaul Banner against Smolderwing in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Onyxia Coins.
- 32.33 Repeating
- Complete Vandaar Bounty with at least 3 Orcs in Alterac Valley.
- Reward: 50 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Vandaar Stormpike Coins.
- Scatter Them!
- Complete Heroic Fallen Guardians Bounty with only Fighters in Felwood.
- Reward: 60 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 25 Onyxia Coins, 25 Nefarian Coins.
- Divine Intervention
- Complete Apothecary Helbrim Bounty with only Leeroy in The Barrens.
- Reward: 60 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Random Coins.
- Deal 200 damage with Leeroy in a single turn.
- Reward: Golden Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary
- Do We Have A Soulstone?
- Complete Heroic Kazakus Bounty with at least 3 Dragons in Alterac Valley.
- Reward: 70 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Kazakus Golem Shaper Coins, 25 Random Coins.
- A Rough Plan
- Complete Heroic SI:7 Smuggler Bounty in 25 turns or less in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: 75 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Deathwing Coins, 25 Random Coins.
- At Least I Have Chicken...
- Complete Heroic Onyxia Bounty with at least 5 Humas in Onyxia's Lair.
- Reward: Diamond Leeroy Jenkins Mercenary.
As you can see, these tasks are quite the mixed bag: while some are fairly simple to complete, others require more than a bit of thinking (and luck: that one's always welcome) and planning ahead.
Moreover, certain tasks clearly state that you need Comps consisting on Mercenaries belonging to specific races in order for your progresses to count: the Chi-Ji event was about Beasts and Dragons, and this time you'll need the help of Orcs, Humans and Dragons.
Not all challenges might be as difficult as they seem at a glance: there are usually tips and tricks to be found to make everyone's lives easier. In this series of guides we'll take a look at how to complete each event Task, so that you'll be able to get your hands on all the rewards available. As of now, we'll focus our attention on our current task.
In case you missed them, if you click the banner below you'll have access to each of our task guides for this event.
How to Complete the "Divine Intervention" Task from the Leeroy Jenkins Event
- Requirement: Complete Apothecary Helbrim Bounty with only Leeroy in the Barrens.
- Rewards: 60 Leeroy Jenkins Coins, 50 Random Coins.
- Difficulty: 1/5
You may think this task can be difficult, until you look at how weak Normal Apothecary actually is - which is pretty laughable.
Even the final fight is not going to be a problem for you: the enemies have so little attack that Leeroy will cut through them like a hot knife into butter.
In order to maximize your chances to win, here's a little trick you can now exploit. With Patch 22.6, when you get offered a Bounty Treasure for a Merc that already has a Treasure, you will be now offered the option to upgrade your current Treasure, instead of just keeping or replacing it.
- When you get offered a Bounty Treasure for a Merc that already has a Treasure, you will be now offered the option to upgrade your current Treasure, instead of just keeping or replacing it.
This is a great improvement of the Treasure system, especially in situations where you do not have many Mercs left, and it's also our case with "Divine Intervention". What do we mean?
As you'll see in a bit, upgrading your Treasure after each fight will allow you to get your hands on a rather impressive power-up by the time you'll be face to face with Apothecary Helbrim and its thugs.
For example, we started with [Hearthstone Card (Windfury 1) Not Found] for its great synergy with both Wild Swing 1 and Leeeeeroooy Jenkiiins! 1, and we ended up with Windfury 4, which ended up being more than useful.
While we think this is one of the best Treasures you can pick and upgrade, there are others worth looking for, like [Hearthstone Card (Let's do this! 1) Not Found] and [Hearthstone Card (Spirit Blade 1) Not Found].
Since there's no need of particular comps to pull this off, here's the gameplay of an entire Apothecary Helbrim Bounty run, completed with a party consisting of just Leeroy Jenkins.
In order to show you how easy this task is, we completed it with a few handicaps:
- Leeroy Jenkins was yet to hit level 30, so it has less stats than possible.
- We did not upgrade any of its abilities or equipment - they were all as weak as they could be.
- We unlocked and equipped Even Bigger Sword 1, but even that is not going to be necessary to complete the bounty.
- We picked the most difficult path and the highest possible number of fights.
Here are a few tips:
- Unless you're very close to winning the fight, always go Get Chicken 1 into either Wild Swing 1 or Leeeeeroooy Jenkiiins! 1 - you want Leeroy to stay healthy!
- You cannot choose your attack's targets, but as long as you get your hands on a good Treasure you'll be fine.
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your Mercenaries progression journey, and we have added an #mercenaries channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own parties that you've used to complete the tasks above.
Good luck taking on any of these Bounties for those sweet sweet coins or just for the sake of satisfying completion!