Wild Hearthstone contains thousands of available cards, and offers a wide variety of possible decks. This incredible diversity is sometimes lost when only looking at the limited options common at the highest ladder ranks. Wildest of Days is a series aiming to highlight a different off-meta deck each time, with an in-depth guide into its strategy and gameplay. The featured decks are being selected on the basis of having interesting synergies and using rarely seen cards. To see past entries in this series with updated card guides, check out the comprehensive Wild Deck Guide Compendium.
Seeing as Death Knight is the new Hearthstone class, today we're going to be diving into a Legend Reno version of the deck that I and anchorm4n got Legend with. Why go Reno? The 3 Blood Rune version of Death Knight has a lot of removals and disruption, so it fits very well with the Control playstyle. Also, Vampiric Blood lets your Reno heal for as much as 49 Health.
Now, let's get into a guide on playing the deck. It's going to go through major overarching strategies to keep in mind, how to mulligan, and gameplay tips on key synergies.
Against Aggro: Use all of your removals and heals to stall until you can dominate with Taunts and late game dragons.
Against Combo: Dirty Rat, Mutanus the Devourer, Theotar, the Mad Duke, Blademaster Okani, and especially Patchwerk will be able to disrupt combos. Combo them with Brann Bronzebeard for even more disruption.
Against Control: Disruption tools and Patchwerk are great here. Alexandros Mograine is a great long term win con vs other Control decks, especially if you can get his effect more with Zola the Gorgon and Brann Bronzebeard. Sire Denathrius can help close out games as well.
- Always keep Zephrys the Great, otherwise keep cheap card draw, heals, and clears if against Aggro; keep disruption if against Combo or Control.
Below you will find gameplay tips regarding many of the synergies in this deck and how to use them effectively:
1. Non-Death Knight classes can't currently get corpses, so trading your corpse-using cards to them with Theotar, the Mad Duke can be a good idea.
2. Gnome Muncher has pseudo charge vs Control with no minions on board.
3. The Curator can tutor out specific minions.
5. Your hero power is always a source of 1 Health minions for Spammy Arcanist.
7. Spell Discover cards can discover from any runes, with no particular limitations.
8. Since so many of your cards use health for power, Reno Jackson is especially great in Death Knight.
Some key and most powerful cards include:
Reno Death Knight will only get better over time as the class gets more options with the upcoming sets. If you have a question or comment, or are wondering about a card substitution, post below.
What are your favorite Wild decks? Which off-meta decks have you been playing lately? Share them via our deckbuilder and let us know in the comments below!
Searching for more options? Look no further than the expansive Wild Deck Guide Compendium to find more decks and guides.