Rise of Shadows Card Spoilers & Expansion Guide
The first expansion of Year of the Dragon is Rise of Shadows! Hearthstone's 11th expansion released on April 9th 2019 - Patch Notes
- New Priest Hero - Madame Lazul was available through purchasing the Mega pre-order bundle.
- New Mechanic - Twinspell adds another copy of the card (without Twinspell) to your hand.
- New Mechanic - Lackeys are valuable tokens that are generated through new cards. Controlling them may also enable effects of other new cards.
- New Mechanic - Schemes grow in power each turn they are in your hand!
- New Single Player Content - Dalaran Heist was released 5 weeks after the expansion On May 16th 2019 and compliments the expansion's theme.
- New Standard Rotation - The Year of the Dragon has arrived upon launch of this expansion which moved three sets to wild and a few cards to the Hall of Fame.
- The first chapter of the Dalaran Heist adventure. (Unlock additional chapters for 700 gold each, or purchase the entire experience for $19.99 USD.)
- A legendary card before pre-release begins, playable before the expansion launches.
- A quest chain rewarding multiple free packs for Rise of Shadows and Year of the Raven expansions.
There were two bundles available for pre-orders. The Mega Bundle contained a Priest Hero!
Rise of Shadows Bundle
- Costs $49.99 USD.
- 50 Rise of Shadows card packs.
- The Jewel of Lazul card back.
- A random Legendary from Rise of Shadows.
Rise of Shadows Mega Bundle
- Costs $79.99 USD.
- 80 Rise of Shadows card packs.
- The Jewel of Lazul card back.
- A random Golden Legendary from Rise of Shadows.
- Madame Lazul, Priest Hero.
This alternate Priest hero was available only through the Mega Bundle pre-order for this set. She has all-new voice lines:
- Greetings - "Welcome! Care to hear ya fortune?"
- Well Played - "Yes, yes. Well played!"
- Thanks - "Thank you."
- Wow - "By de Old Gods!"
- Oops - "Oops, dat will be a story to tell."
- Threaten - "Your fate is sealed!"
During the first week of the expansion’s release, the Shadow Bundle was available containing 9 Rise of Shadows card packs and an Arena ticket for $9.99 (players could purchase the bundle only once per account).
This new keyword is for spells only, and allows you to play them twice with one card.
There are 5 uncollectible Lackey cards in this set. More will be added throughout the Year of the Dragon, and all will be available from cards that generate them.
The 5 villain classes of the set each received a 'scheme' spell. These cards begin small but each turn they are in your hand they grow in power.
A new solo adventure, The Dalaran Heist, was released 5 weeks after the card set on May 16th 2019 that takes us through 5 chapters of lore and challenges.
- This adventure uses the framework of Dungeon Run with many new features.
- The first chapter is free! Unlock additional chapters for 700 gold or $6.99 USD each.
- Purchase the entire experience for $19.99 USD.
- The Adventure was initially released with the first two chapters
- Remaining Chapters were released over the next few weeks.
- Each chapter comes with new heroes to play.
- Every hero has unique hero powers and starting decks to unlock.
- All heroes are usable against 75 new bosses including Heroic and Anomaly modes.
- Defeating the first 5 bosses of each chapter awards three RoS card packs.
- Completing all five chapters awards a special card back and a golden Classic pack.
- Purchasing the entire adventure unlocks a golden Zayle, Shadow Cloak card.
This new Standard year took with it three sets to the Wild format as well as several cards to the Hall of Fame; as is tradition. This Standard year began in April 9th 2019 and was announced February 28th 2019.
Sets that left Standard format:
This year, nine cards in total became part of the Hall of Fame:
Developer's Notes: Over the past several years, we’ve seen a number of strong, aggressive Paladin decks. While we like Paladin’s identity as a minion-summoning and minion-buffing class with a fair amount of resource generation, card draw doesn’t also need to be one of the Paladin’s strengths. Divine Favor is one of the most cost-effective draw spells in the game, so to better emphasize other classes’ strengths and to provide better control over the power level of future aggressive Paladin decks, we are moving Divine Favor to the Hall of Fame.
Developer's Notes: As masters of Demons, Warlocks have long been a powerful board-control class. While we like that minion combat is as much a part of the Warlock’s identity as destructive magic, we want to acknowledge and embrace the class’s weaknesses when they lose control of the board. To that end, we want to limit the amount of damage a Warlock can deal from their hand. As a powerful Charge minion, Doomguard pushes against the Warlock class identity, so we are moving it into the Hall of Fame.
Developer's Notes: Druids have always had excellent flexibility and a number of different tools when it comes to generating mana, cards, and minions, but have long struggled to remove their opponent’s large minions. Naturalize effectively nullifies that weakness, giving Druids a powerful option in matchups where card advantage doesn’t matter. Moving it into the Hall of Fame enforces the Druid’s weakness in removing large minions, maintaining its class identity.
|Odd & Even Cards|
|Developer's Notes: As they were complementary to the Even-Odd mechanic that Baku and Genn introduced, Gloom Stag, Black Cat, Glitter Moth, and Murkspark Eel will also join the Hall of Fame.|
Revealed Cards for Rise of Shadows
These are all the cards that have currently been revealed for Rise of Shadows.
There are currently 136 cards revealed out of 134.