Are you wondering what flavor text the Hearthstone gods bestowed upon us with Rise of Shadows? Look no further!
Druid Rise of Shadows Flavor Text
- Lucentbark - Always feels refreshed after a little dirt nap.
- Keeper Stalladris - Keeps your choices handy.
- Crystalsong Portal - Experience the draw of the wild!
- Crystal Stag - Arrives alone, but usually leaves with a friend just like him.
- The Forest's Aid - Delicious Forest’s Aid! Made from real forests.
- Lifeweaver - Lifeweaving is all well and good until it's time to cut the thread.
- Dreamway Guardians - They're a nightmare to deal with.
- Crystal Power - Often used as healing crystals, but also good for throwing at people.
- Acornbearer - You’d be nuts to mess with the squirrel squad.
- Blessing of the Ancients - Arguably the cutest blessing.
Hunter Rise of Shadows Flavor Text
- Vereesa Windrunner - Good things come in threes: Windrunner sisters and arrows of Thori'dal.
- Oblivitron - Reduce, reuse, re-rattle!
- Nine Lives - Beware the night of the living pets!
- Arcane Fletcher - Stop trying to make fletch happen. It's not going to happen.
- Unleash the Beast - The Kirin Tor have always been lax in enforcing leash laws.
- Hunting Party - Not sure I’d call it a good party if everyone ends up beside themselves.
- Shimmerfly - Plenty of buzz around this card.
- Marked Shot - Obviously it's marked for greatness.
- Rapid Fire - Pew! Pew!
- Ursatron - It's been programmed to include all the bear necessities.
Mage Rise of Shadows Flavor Text
- Kalecgos - He was once the Aspect of Magic but gave it up to focus on cheap tricks.
- Khadgar - "What do you call two minions summoned at once? Twinions, haha! Wait... where are you going?"
- Mana Cyclone - It'll put a good spin on your spells.
- Power of Creation - Mostly used for party tricks, to be honest.
- Conjurer's Calling - If only you’d let it go to voicemail…
- Kirin Tor Tricaster - The math checks out!
- Magic Trick - The world is not ready for an illusion of this depth and intricacy!
- Magic Dart Frog - There's a powerful throat in this frog.
- Ray of Frost - If you have zero chill, this can help.
- Messenger Raven - You can make a collect CAW!
Paladin Rise of Shadows Flavor Text
- Nozari - In another timeline, she was called Yeszari.
- Commander Rhyssa - Two people can keep a secret as long as neither of them are Commander Rhyssa.
- Dragon Speaker - All of his speeches really drag on.
- Duel! - If you don’t fight to the death, it’s Duel Yielding.
- Mysterious Blade - It knows every secret you have left.
- Call to Adventure - Even the smallest minion can change the outcome of the game.
- Desperate Measures - Desperate times call for disparate secrets.
- Never Surrender! - But sometimes concede.
- Bronze Herald - This is why you shouldn’t shoot the messenger.
- Lightforged Blessing - Some might call this a lightforgery.
Priest Rise of Shadows Flavor Text
- Madame Lazul - Of course she knows the future, she’s been looking at your cards the WHOLE TIME!
- Catrina Muerte - She always manages to lift your spirits.
- Lazul's Scheme - "What's that you're dreaming? You're weak and you're screaming! It must be my scheming..."
- Shadowy Figure - Terrible at shadow puppets: “This is… a tentacle! And this is… two tentacles!”
- Forbidden Words - Please confirm your age before reading this flavor text.
- Mass Resurrection - One's company, two's a crowd, and three's a “mass” resurrection, apparently.
- Convincing Infiltrator - It’s always nice to steal a familiar face.
- Hench-Clan Shadequill - The Hench-Clan has a point.
- EVIL Conscripter - Kobold! There’s a place you can handle I said kobold! When you’re short in the candle Cast a spell with the E! V! I! L!
- Unsleeping Soul - It's 3 am. Do you know where your soul is?
Rogue Rise of Shadows Flavor Text
- Tak Nozwhisker - "One for me and one for future me!"
- Heistbaron Togwaggle - A staunch ally of Rafaam, at least while the shinies keep flowing.
- Waggle Pick - Kobolds informally refer to its effect as a deathwaggle.
- Unidentified Contract - The terms of service are constantly changing.
- Vendetta - A vengeful and vicarious vanguard against violent villains or vexed victims.
- Underbelly Fence - She’ll take anything you have—except scruples and a good work ethic.
- Togwaggle's Scheme - "Many minions equals many treasures for king. Kobold arithmetic!"
- Hench-Clan Burglar - She’s more of a rat burglar.
- Daring Escape - Impossible to cast without cackling evilly.
- EVIL Miscreant - Because there are no G.O.O.D. Miscreants.
Shaman Rise of Shadows Flavor Text
- Swampqueen Hagatha - Rafaam mainly enjoys working with Hagatha because she never laughs at Dr. Boom's jokes.
- Scargil - Wanna know how he got those scars? So does he.
- Witch's Brew - The swill has eyes!
- Muckmorpher - Fan favorite in the muck morphin' sewer strangers.
- Underbelly Angler - Attracts murlocs… and moths.
- Sludge Slurper - You can't stop slurping this delicious sludge!
- Hagatha's Scheme - "All shall suffer!" "But Hagatha, those are your minions..." "I said ALL!!!"
- Mutate - You'll get the transformation you want when murlocs fly.
- Soul of the Murloc - Previously thought nonexistent.
- Walking Fountain - The weirdest part is that it doesn't have legs.
Warlock Rise of Shadows Flavor Text
- Arch-Villain Rafaam - Minions must wash hands before being LIQUIDATED AND REPLACED BY SOMEONE BETTER.
- Fel Lord Betrug - Nobody else likes rush hour.
- Jumbo Imp - Jumbo in size! Huge in E.V.I.L.!
- Darkest Hour - It's always darkest just before you find the light switch.
- Impferno - Imps don't get mad when you set them on fire. They think it's cozy.
- Eager Underling - Eager to please, even if it kills him.
- Plot Twist - It’s coming from inside the deck!
- EVIL Genius - You do not want to be on the business end of this intellect!
- Aranasi Broodmother - She's got a big brood and a big mood.
- Rafaam's Scheme - "When your first plan fails... imp-rovise."
Warrior Rise of Shadows Flavor Text
- The Boom Reaver - “What’s better than reaving? BOOM reaving!”
- Blastmaster Boom - He's gonna fly through the air with the greatest of grease.
- Wrenchcalibur - Whoso pulleth out this wrench from the toolbox is rightwise king of the lab.
- Omega Devastator - The Alpha Devastator didn’t devastate enough. The Beta Devastator devastated too much. But the Omega was just right!
- Clockwork Goblin - They always wind up bombing.
- Dimensional Ripper - The first dimensional ripper had a point. The second fell flat. The THIRD one really started to take shape!
- Sweeping Strikes - Infinitely preferable to mopping strikes.
- Dr. Boom's Scheme - “We did it! We blew up the vault!” “You mean the vault door?” “Oh. The doooor…”
- Vicious Scraphound - It begs for scraps.
- Improve Morale - "The beatings will continue until MY morale improves."
Neutral Rise of Shadows Flavor Text
- Barista Lynchen - "Thanks a latte!"
- Chef Nomi - His cooking is always very well done.
- Archmage Vargoth - He's an archmage, but he might want to brush up on the basics... like aiming.
- Jepetto Joybuzz - “I’m a real toy now!”
- Archivist Elysiana - Your deck is just another organizational challenge to her.
- Whirlwind Tempest - And your minions with mega-windfury get... dizzy.
- Portal Overfiend - It’s like an interdimensional game of demon tag.
- Hench-Clan Hag - The Hench Clan is an equal opportunity employer, no matter which parts of you came from where.
- Batterhead - When it comes to problem-solving, he always uses his head.
- Azerite Elemental - This is some bad blood.
- Magic Carpet - Its small yet fierce riders are affectionately known as rug rats.
- Unseen Saboteur - Far more effective than the flamboyant saboteur.
- Big Bad Archmage - "My, my, what big minions I have!"
- Portal Keeper - No longer allowed to be “it” when playing demon tag.
- Spellward Jeweler - The fanciest possible way of distracting enemies with shiny things.
- Mad Summoner - Does he summon because of his madness, or is he mad from all the summoning?
- Tunnel Blaster - And you always thought they wore the candles just for fun.
- Exotic Mountseller - *Taps roof of mammoth* “You can fit so many squirrels in this thing!”
- Recurring Villain - Mwahahaha! You'll never catch him this time!
- Underbelly Ooze - It's always accepting of the less successful adventurers.
- Sunreaver Warmage - What, did you expect the Sunreavers to be coldages?
- Arcane Watcher - Now his watch has ended… until you have Spell Damage.
- Hecklebot - Built by goblins, designed by a troll.
- Flight Master - Your gryphon will be summoned following a brief safety demonstration.
- Dalaran Crusader - Stops for nothing—except donuts.
- Dalaran Librarian - Don't make her raise her "shush"!
- Sunreaver Spy - She's watching. Always watching.
- Burly Shovelfist - Shovel beats paper and rock!
- Violet Spellsword - If you have to wield a spell and a sword, then neither is performing to expectation.
- Mana Reservoir - If it soaks too long, it becomes a reservoir hog.
- EVIL Cable Rat - Gradually driven to darkness by the promise of unobtainable cheese.
- Soldier of Fortune - His allies call him invaluable.
- Safeguard - Keep it secret. Keep it safeguarded!
- Hench-Clan Hogsteed - This is CLEARLY their first rodeo.
- [Hearthstone Card (Travelling Healer) Not Found] - Some heroes have soft hearts and hard shells.
- Violet Warden - He's got magic, a shield, and an unwavering obsession with the color purple.
- Proud Defender - It'll take a humble offender to defeat him.
- Eccentric Scribe - Them’s fightin’ words!
- Toxfin - I'm addicted to him, but I know that he's Toxfin.
- Faceless Rager - When you need to rage anonymously.
- Heroic Innkeeper - We reserve the right to refuse service to any 1/1.
- Potion Vendor - Everyone gets two because that’s all she can hold.
- Hench-Clan Sneak - He’d be a lot sneakier if he wasn’t trailing 300 yards of power cable…
- Arcane Servant - "Would sir like me to punch something?"
- Spellbook Binder - You're bound to love his work!
“The world is not ready for an illusion of this depth and intricacy!“
is the best one for sure!!! It explains the golden animation of this card XD
my favorites are
Arcane Fletcher "stop trying to make fletch happen, its not going to happen."
Convincing Infiltrator "its always nice to steal a familiar face"
Scargil "do you wanna know how he got these scars? so does he"
Jumbo Imp "jumbo in size! huge in evil!"
Plot Twist "its coming from inside the deck!"
Wrenchcalibur "whoso pulleth out this wrench from this toolbox is rightwise king of the lab"
Jepetto Joybuzz "I'm a real toy now!"
EVIL Cable Rat "gradually driven to darkness by the promise of unobtainable cheese"
Proud Defender "It'll take a humble offender to defeat him."
Eccentric Scribe "them's fightin' words!"
Questions regarding the references:
The Forest's Aid - Delicious Forest’s Aid! Made from real forests. Is this a reference to a cereal or something?
Lazul's Scheme - "What's that you're dreaming? You're weak and you're screaming! It must be my scheming..." Is this a reference to a song?
EVIL Conscripter - Kobold! There’s a place you can handle I said kobold! When you’re short in the candle Cast a spell with the E! V! I! L! -//-
And now some flavour texts, that I enjoyed:
Swampqueen Hagatha - Rafaam mainly enjoys working with Hagatha because she never laughs at Dr. Boom's jokes. Now that's just cruel. But this can be a hint, that Togwaggle and Lazul laugh at Boom's jokes.
Hagatha's Scheme - "All shall suffer!" "But Hagatha, those are your minions..." "I said ALL!!!" Speaking of cruelty. >:)
Jumbo Imp - Jumbo in size! Huge in E.V.I.L.!
Rafaam's Scheme - "When your first plan fails... imp-rovise."
Wrenchcalibur - Whoso pulleth out this wrench from the toolbox is rightwise king of the lab.
Omega Devastator - The Alpha Devastator didn’t devastate enough. The Beta Devastator devastated too much. But the Omega was just right!
Dr. Boom's Scheme - “We did it! We blew up the vault!” “You mean the vault door?” “Oh. The doooor…”
Improve Morale - "The beatings will continue until MY morale improves."
Whirlwind Tempest - And your minions with mega-windfury get... dizzy.
Toxfin - I'm addicted to him, but I know that he's Toxfin
Jepetto Joybuzz - “I’m a real toy now!”
the forests aid thing is a reference to lemon aid.
Conscripter is YMCA
I was waiting for this!
is my personal favorite
My picks would be:
Hagatha's Scheme: "All shall suffer!" "But Hagatha, those are your minions..." "I said ALL!!!"
Exotic Mountseller: *Taps roof of mammoth* “You can fit so many squirrels in this thing!”
I read these all in game earlier as I was waiting for this. I love reading the flavor text!
Two that I loved most in this were Never Surrender! and Jumbo Imp. Imp mostly because of the call back to the play sound of Tiny Knight of Evil. (Speaking of TGT, I'm sad we didn't get any Inspire cards... Maybe next set.)
Rafaam is my favorite.