We've got a brand new event in Hearthstone's Mercenaries game mode and it's here only for a limited-time! This time, we'll venture into many dangerous Bounty zones with the aid of N'Zoth, (in)famous Old God that already made its appearance in Hearthstone in Whispers of the Old Gods with N'Zoth, the Corruptor.
Our journey won't be in search of just fame and success, but you'll be able to complete a set of 10 event Tasks, which will reward you coins for N'Zoth and many other goodies.
Here are all the tasks that are available during the N'Zoth Mercenaries event. Click any of the links below to visit our guide for the task.
- Raiding the Shore
- Ice Sculpting
- Requirement: Complete Icehowl Bounty without any Blocks of Ice on the board in Winterspring.
- Reward: N'Zoth Mercenary.
- One with the Void
- Bunker Crashers
- Murlocs in the Valley
- Bones and Golems
- Damage Supreme
- Requirement: Deal 100 damage with N'zoth's Corrupted Viscera in a single battle.
- Reward: N'Zoth Golden Portrait
- Emperor Dethroned
- Requirement: Complete Emperor Thaurissan Bounty without setting off powdered kegs.
- Reward: 75 N'Zoth coins, 50 Balinda Stonehearth coins.
- Murlocs on Ice
- Requirement: Complete Heroic Popsicooler Bounty with at least 3 Murlocs in Alterac Valley.
- Reward: 75 N'Zoth coins, 50 Murky coins, 50 random coins.
- Visions of Conquest
- Requirement: Land a killing blow with N'zoth's Spawn of N'zoth against Gigafin or Gigafin's Maw in Corrupted Murlocs Bounty in Darkshore.
- Reward: Diamond N'Zoth portrait.
As you can see, these tasks are quite the mixed bag: while some are fairly simple to complete, others require more than a bit of thinking (and luck: that one's always welcome) and planning ahead.
Moreover, certain tasks clearly state that you need Comps consisting of Mercenaries belonging to specific races in order for your progresses to count: while the Leeroy Jenkins event was about Orcs, Humans and Dragons, this time you'll need the help of Humans, Dwarves, Elves, and... Murlocs!
Not all challenges might be as difficult as they seem at a glance: there are usually tips and tricks to be found to make everyone's lives easier. In this series of guides we'll take a look at how to complete each event Task, so that you'll be able to get your hands on all the rewards available. As of now, we'll focus our attention on the current task.
In case you missed them, if you click the banner below you'll have access to each of our task guides for this event.
How to Complete the "Bunker Crashers" Task from the N'Zoth Event
- Requirement: Complete Galvangar Bounty using 6 of Human, Dwarf and Elf characters in Alterac Valley.
- Rewards: 50 N'Zoth coins, 25 Balinda Stonehearth Coins.
- Difficulty: 2/5
Bunker Crashers is another task with a rather stiff party-building restriction: your comp needs to consist of just Human, Dwarf and Elf characters. Therefore, it is reasonable to say that the synergies available will be quite limited, and in certain occasions you'll have to count on the sheer strength of individual units rather than on a coral plan.
We'll leave the party-building headaches to another moment, as right now it is more important to focus on what awaits us at the end of the bounty map.
- Captain Galvangar - Characters can't be healed.
- Frostwolf Lieutenant - Whenever ANY character Attacks, give it +10 Health.
- Frostwolf Berserker - Bleed (5).
To be fair, the only unit that deserves attention is Captain Galvangar itself, as its aura effect can be quite the hindrance in the grand scheme of things. Fortunately for all of us, Bunker Crashers does not ask you to complete the bounty with all Mercs alive, so even if the opposition manages to take down a friendly unit or two, you'll still be able to succeed.
Killing Captain Galvangar is obviously going to be your first goal for the final fight, and Protectors can get the job done relatively soon, since we're talking about a 200 Health unit (which is not that high for a PvE boss).
Captain Galvangar's moveset.
Secondly, we've got the two sidekicks: rather normal units (almost PvP ones in terms on power level), with decent but not astounding abilities. We suggest you to leave Frostwolf Lieutenant alive for as long as possible, since you actually benefit from its aura effect (remember that you cannot heal while Captain Galvangar is still alive).
For such a fight, we suggest you use a Protector-heavy comp, which can take Galvangar head on, endure some hits, kill the enemy boss, and then recover part of the lost health.
Although Bunker Crashers limits your party-building choices, you still have a wide set of Mercenaries to choose from. Here are all the units available.
Disclaimer: there isn't an "Elf" race, so we figured Team 5 meant Night Elves and Blood Elves.
- Blood Elves
- Night Elves
Reminder that you do not have to build your party with each of these races: any kind of comp is acceptable, as long as all its members come from the list you see above.
Here are a few Mercenaries parties you can use to complete the "Bunker Crashers" task. You'll be able to choose between many comps, suggested by different content creators, as well as mentions of budget alternatives for our readers that don't have many Legendary Mercs in their collection.
Out of Cards Recommendation - Mostly Human Comp (Budget!)
While looking at the list of Mercenaries available, we had little to no idea about what strategy we should've used, so we tried to to take in consideration the 'color' of the final fight as well as the players' collections, and this is what we came up.
Considering Captain Galvangar's fight, we decided to go for a build with lots of beefy Protectors; however, we also noticed that many of the Mercs available for this task are either rares or free (from the very start or because they were gifted to everyone with some in-game events), so we decided to lean towards a budget build without compromising too much the overall efficiency.
To prove this comp of being fit for this task, we recorded a video showing you that you can pull this off with ease.
Here are a few tips for those unfamiliar with this strategy.
- The final fight trio is Cariel Roame-Cornelius Roame-Kurtrus Ashfallen.
- If you any of these happen to die during the climb, replace it with Vanndar Stormpike.
- Your #1 priority is taking down Captain Galvangar, so that you'll have access to healing again.
- With so many Protectors, if you focus on Galvangar you should get rid of it in two turns at worst.
- After this, focus on one unit at time and take them out.
- As we already mentioned, you may save Frostwolf Lieutenant for last.
- Pick Human/Alliance stats buffs for extra Attack points and therefore more lethality.
- Lady Anacondra and Leeroy Jenkins are part of the comp because you need some variety, and both are pretty good Fighters, with the latter incredibly strong if you manage to get some of the aforementioned buffs.
Anfidel's Holy/Human Comp
Our clever community members set up a forum thread to share your Mercenaries progression journey, and we have added an #mercenaries channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own comps that you've used to complete the task above.
Good luck taking on any of these Bounties for those sweet sweet coins or just for the sake of satisfying completion!