Welcome, fellow achievement hunter.
Ever since the introduction of the rewards track, each expansion has always brought us a handful of achievements to complete in order to gain more rewards: while some of them are relatively easy to complete, some others may take some time or a proper set up. In case you're wondering what's the best way to gain all that sweet sweet XP locked behind Murder at Castle Nathria's achievements, do not fret, as we have the answer you're looking for!
In this guide we'll focus our attention on the Castle Nathria Priest achievements and provide at least one way to complete each of them so that you'll be able to get closer to the end of your reward track.
Disclaimer: as always, all expansion achievements can be completed in Ranked Standard, Ranked Wild, Arena, Casual & Heroic Duels and Classic - Casual Standard, Casual Wild and Tavern Brawl will not count towards your hunt! Moreover, we'll always take Ranked Standard as the default game format for our strategies: if we happen to have some strategies or particular interactions belonging to other modes to highlight, we'll be sure to specify it.
Here are all the achievements we're going to complete together:
- I'm You, But Stronger - Discover 1 copy of an opponent's hero card with Identity Theft.
- SPF-300 - Destroy 75 minions with Clean the Scene.
- You Mist a Spot - Deal 100/200/300 damage with The Light! It Burns!.
- Grand Larceny - Add 20/40 copies of your opponent's cards to your hand with Incriminating Psychic.
Castle Nathria Priest Achievements Overview
Priest probably has the hardest set of the Murder at Castle Nathria expansion:
- I'm You, But Stronger is either convoluted or really dependent on what your opponent is running in their deck.
- There's no way for you to speed up SPF 300 in Standard, but Wild can save us from an endless grind.
- You Mist a Spot is just like SPF 300.
Edit: guide updated with the achievement from the Maw and Disorder Mini-Set.
How to Complete the "I'm You, But Stronger" Priest Achievement
- Requirement: Discover 1 copy of an opponent's hero card with Identity Theft.
- Speed Rating: ?/5.
- Related Achievements:
We think this is the most RNG dependent achievement of the entire Murder at Castle Nathria set. While this statement might scare some of you, we are actually happy to say it: if this is the worst the expansion has to offer, it means that Team 5 has made some real progresses when it comes to designing achievements that aren't too frustrating to complete (Oh My Yogg! in Madness at the Darkmoon Faire and Party Up! in Forged in the Barrens are always good examples to understand how things changed for the better).
Having said this, we think there are two ways to complete this achievement.
The first one is pretty simple: just like the other two Priest achievements, keep running Identity Theft in every Priest deck you play: you'll discover 6 cards every time, so you have remarkable chances to get the job done earlier than you might think.
- In this case, try to play Identity Theft the exact turn before your opponent could play their Hero card.
The second method is a bit difficult to pull off, but has higher chances to complete I'm You, But Stronger without relying on your opponent's (questionable) deckbuilding decisions.
- Include all the Hero cards you own in a Priest deck.
- If you only own Xyrella, the Devout then you might as well do it in Standard, otherwise Wild is the best place.
- Draw your deck until you have these cards in hand:
- When your opponent's hand is not too big, go Brann Bronzebeard into Theotar, the Mad Duke and give your opponent both your Hero cards.
- In the meantime, if you manage to swap one of your Hero cards for an opponent's common, you'll also complete the Neutral Let Them Eat Funnel Cake! achievement.
- Now, play Identity Theft and Discover a copy of the Hero cards you gave to your opponent.
As you can see, this second method is quite convoluted; however, if you manage to find an opponent that isn't itching to kill you as soon as possible, you might be able to pull this off with relative ease.
How to Complete the "SPF 300" Priest Achievement
- Requirement: Deal 100/200/300 damage with The Light! It Burns!.
- Speed Rating: 1/5 in Standard, 3/5 in Wild.
- Related Achievements: none.
Regarding the Standard mode, we don't see any way for you speed things up remarkably, but at the same time it's not the end of the world: The Light! It Burns! is a strictly better Holy Smite, and therefore we expect it to see plenty of play. In case a good Priest deck will pop up, we'll make sure to update this guide with it. In the meantime, if you want to complete SPF 300, we suggest you to do it bit by bit, including The Light! It Burns! in as many Priest decks as possible (not Shadow Priest, of course!).
- Cycle through your deck until you have a handful of Divine Spirits, a Bless and one or two Radiant Elementals.
- If you don't have two Radiants, then one Radiant and one Gift of Luminance will do.
- Play both Radiants and start buffing the highest Health minion on board, doesn't matter if it's yours of your opponent's.
- Remember to always play the Divine Spirits for last, as you want to double up the highest possible amount of Health.
- After you're done buffing that minion's Health, cast Bless/Inner Fire/Topsy Turvy on it.
- Cast The Light! It Burns! on it.
- Rinse and repeat.
How to Complete the "You Mist a Spot" Priest Achievement
- Requirement: Destroy 75 minions with Clean the Scene.
- Speed Rating: 2/5 in Standard, 4/5 in Wild.
- Related Achievements:
The reasoning is pretty much the same as for SPF 300: no real ways in Standard to speed things up remarkably, but at least 75 killed minions are not that many. Questline Seek Guidance Priest seems like a reasonable deck for you to complete You Mist a Spot.
For Wild, well, for Wild things are completely different: over there, we have the absolute achievement MVP Mad Summoner.
- Cycle through your deck and get your hands on a copy of both Mad Summoner and Clean the Scene.
- Play Mad Summoner.
- Play Clean the Scene.
- In order to play both on the same turn, discounts like Illuminate, Insight and Palm Reading are necessary.
- Even if your opponent's board is full with very powerful minions, this will give you at worst 6 procs, while also Infusing the other copy of Clean the Scene.
- If you are not able to pull off the combo, consider casting Clean the Scene just to buy an additional turn or a couple more procs before conceding.
How to Complete the "Grand Larceny" Priest Achievement
- Requirement: Add 20/40 copies of your opponent's cards to your hand with Incriminating Psychic.
- Speed Rating: 3/5 in Standard, 4/5 in Wild
- XP Points Rewared: 200 and 200 XP
- Related Achievements:
- Priest's SPF 300
In Standard, Amulet of Undying is the key card for your success.
- Awaken the Makers is not necessary, but it will help a lot.
In case you're still deep in your achievement hunt, worry not: we prepared a guide for each class (and neutrals!) for you to take inspiration from, so that you'll be able to complete them in no time for those sweet sweet XP points.
We have added an #achievements channel on our Discord server if you want to talk with others in real-time. If you need an assist, you can also respond to this guide and we'll do our best to help you out; the comments are also a great way to share your own decks that you've used to complete the achievements above.
Good luck tackling any of these achievements for your experience boost or just for the sake of satisfying completion!